1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

The delta wing Project

Discussion in 'Sketchup Help' started by crash5050, Jan 13, 2010.

1. crash5050

crash5050 Member

here we go again. I have been fiddeling with sketchup for a few days now and I noticed that there was not a plan for a delta wing pusher out here. It just so happens that I have a crashed one righ here beside me, so I have attempted. Here is the Sketchup file. I tried to get tabs on it, but I couldn't.

Crash 50/50 Attached files delta.skp (216.6 KB)Â

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Too much grouping going on there bud. You need to ungroup everything to be able to add tabs.
    Also I se you have some outside cut lines overlapping each other. You really don't want this.

3. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Your biggest problem is where your aileron cuts are, don't use a centerline tool, use the fold tool and your outside cut won't go thru your ailerons. Download this and see what changes I made. All that is left is tabbing and grouping.
    Neat wing :D Attached files delta.skp (213.5 KB)Â

4. crash5050

crash5050 Member

Here is my latest rendition. I cut this file and it cut pretty well. It is very inefficent though, it cuts both ends first then the middle? Strange, and I know it is omthing I did. Also I think the ruddres need to be 1/2 inch longer, and it probabally needs some interlocking tabs from the main wing to the rudders. I am still chugging, but if you see ways to improve it, please feel free to hack it up.

Crash5050 Attached files delta.skp (242.3 KB)Â

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

It cuts in the same order, that you grouped your parts. So basically, you told it to cut that way. You can simply redo the group order. Or you can explode everything and let the phlatscript algorithm try to do the best order automatically.

The gcode on both rudders are messed up. Not sure why, but you need to delete and redo the phlatlines for the rudders. Here is a quick video showing the rudder gcode plot, before and after I redid the rudder:

Attached files delta wing_rudder problem video.zip (312.1 KB)Â

6. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Do your verticals go on the ends or towards the middle?

7. crash5050

crash5050 Member

They go on the ends.

8. crash5050

crash5050 Member

I ran this G-Code thru NCPLOT and it looked fine. I deleted and re drew the rudders.

Attached files delta wing.cnc (6.7 KB)Â

9. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Looks ok, now. I don't know if you deleted the whole rudder, but it was just the phlatlines that needed to be redone. You might want to group the main wing. The idea is that, each part should be done completely before moving on. More accurate that ways, since if the sheet shifts later it won't effect the parts already cut out.

One more thing about the original file. I just noticed the fold lines and circle were not part of the main wing group. Even if you "edit inside the group" some types of phlatlines won't be part of the group. So always best to, explode and regroup when done. See the picture for the phlatlines not in the main wing group. Those phlatelines not in the group, won't cut with part, and your final job will be less accurate. And of course, if you move the group, the phlatlines won't follow.

Attached files [​IMG]

10. crash5050

crash5050 Member

Ok, My mind has gone, but I think I have it. I have closed all of the lines, added phlat script to all the parts, tabbed and slotted the rudders, and ran it thru NCplot and it looks right. Here is is, I am oficially calling it the PhlatWing.

Attached files delta1.skp (244.3 KB)Â

11. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

So why aren't you seeing all the missing tabs in NCPlot?

12. crash5050

crash5050 Member

I actually did before I cut the file.