1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

the MK-3 build has begun...

Discussion in 'General Phlatprinter 3 Chat' started by rjarois, Dec 15, 2010.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

the old monkey got his mk-3 last week....the build has started for me. after i opened and inspected all the wood parts, like i really had to as the boxes arrived without a scratch and in perfect condition...all i could say is WOW!!!! the machining and fit are superb. the i beam design, is spectacular...mark and Trish really out did themselves on this one. just for the fellas that don't know about me, i have been machining since a freshman in high school, starting with hand tools....seen the industry change, with the advent of cnc equipment, wire edm, sinker edm, cnc lathes, cnc mills, etc. i started back when the machines ran on paper tape with little holes in them, they were just called n.c. or numerical controls....now i run state of the art cnc mills, and cnc lathes. anyhow being 57 years old, i have plenty of machine knowledge and experience ....so i can say with complete confidence, that the mk-3 is top shelf in design and quality fitting cnc cut parts. the mk-3 goes together like a precision fit self aligning jig. i cant get over the i-beam, so so solid looking. mark, Trish great job you guys....ya hit one out of the park with this one. peace, randy.

2. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

everything going so smooth.....just mounted the board. i used all nylon hardware for the mounting. i have a ton of nylon stuff used for mounting tri and quad electronics. next i will mount the roller stepper, rollers and button up. mark and Trish made a great and easy kit with this one. randy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

G.H. Boyd Systems, P.O. Box 235 Griffith, IN 46319
    I like those spacers. :cool:
    I think that I'm going to mount my electronics that way.

Cheers.
    GHB :D