1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

TR 260

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by rescue911, Jun 13, 2012.

1. rescue911

rescue911 Active Member

This is almost like a Yak.It is a British airplane.

Attached files TR 260.cnc (26.5 KB)Â TR 260.skp (2.2 MB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice looking Gary

3. rescue911

rescue911 Active Member

Think I put it in the right place.

4. kram242

Sweet! Now that you have the code for this we can move it to the free plans aircraft section! Nice job Gary! :doubleup:
    Thank you for sharing this
    Mark and Trish

5. rescue911

rescue911 Active Member

6. kram242

7. rescue911

rescue911 Active Member

No problem my friend. :byei:

8. kram242

The new mods look great Gary! I see you even did the notches on both sides. Looks like it will work great.
    Mark and Trish

9. rescue911

rescue911 Active Member

Set Up.Grayson Hobby-(speed 400 class) Welgard GH2208-17
    Brushless motor-- $18.95.
    Lipo Battery - 2/3 cells
    ESC-18 amp. or higher
    Prop size - .3s (11.1v) 9x5 --- .2s (7.4)10.4.7
    ((((( Model Weight -- 7 oz to 18 oz))))
    For slower speed ,use a 370 class motor.

10. kram242

:doubleup: Thanks
    Mark and Trish

11. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I hate to be the one who does the correcting (actually I love it but it is politically correct to say I hate it :D ) and it is suppose to be constructive criticism, but did anyone try to assemble it in SU? Start by making the two wing parts strait, that is the center line parallel to the green axis. If you than join them, using the motor mount notch as a joint, you'll see that the spar is left high right low, that the tabs don't exactly match into their respective notches.

EDIT: Look at the attached file. It is fixed a bit. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be an incident in the motor mount to the right, there is one in the original and I left it.

EDIT 2: I can't believe I did it (again) I erased the corrected skp file and uploaded the old one. Can someone please put me out of my miseries? I'll redo the file and try to load up the correct one (If I'll be capable of doing it :girl_cray2: ).

12. kram242

I just tried it in SketchUp and I see what you mean its not lining up perfect. I have not tried to cut this new version and put it together yet, but it may have enough forgiveness to go together OK.
    Can you post your corrected version of the file Yoram? If you don't have it I can work on it to.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Mark and Trish

13. TigerPilot

This should be the correct file. I also changed the spar setup. I made it with a 50% depth center line rather than cutting it all the way through.

Attached files TR 260 -2.skp (2.2 MB)Â

14. rescue911

rescue911 Active Member

Did not do as well as I thought I did on it.No problem.
    I can fix that.

15. kram242

Looks great Yoram! Thank you both for working together to make this cool design the best it can be.
    Gary you did great on this project and the fact that your are willing to accept help with it, really shows the character of someone who will learn much and go far learning. Look how far you have come in such a short time! :good:
    Nice job to you both
    Thank you
    Mark and Trish

16. TigerPilot

Gary, +1 to what Mark said.

17. TigerPilot

I worked this plan to be cut on a dollartree store foam since this is the only foam I have easy access to. The cutting bit is 1/16"

Attached files TR 260.skp (2.2 MB)Â

18. kram242

Sweet! Thanks Yoram :dance3:
    Now that fanfold is so hard for us to find, this will be a great alternative.
    Mark and Trish

19. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget about http://www.modelplanefoam.com/. I used this stuff to make my Twin Cargo. Man is it nice. It bends really nice. I accidentally hit the aileron on the twin when shutting my car door. It just curled it up with no breakage. (didn't realize until I got to the field) I un-curled at the field and all was well. Seems plenty strong enough too.

20. TigerPilot

The problem, for me, with the model plane foam is the price. It's twice the cost of FFF or the dollartree foam. :girl_cray2: :girl_cray2:

21. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

The problem for me is FFF is more per bundle than a box of MPF shipped, and the quality is HORRIBLE.. Crushed corners, first couple of sheets per side are dinged/ripped, etc.. and the stuff in the middle has more ripple than an old wino. The only place I can get it around here (OC Clous) won't let you pick it; they get it from a warehouse in the back, and you get what you get. So in the end I have about the same number of usable sheets for the same price, but the sheets have waves. That and you have to remove the plastic... I know, picky, picky ;-)

RE DT foam.. It is next to impossible to find in stock here, the sheets are smaller, and you have to remove the paper...so for me the price difference is OK as I don't really go through all that much foam. I got box #5 from MPF, and I only used 3 of the 16 sheets so far.

22. rescue911

rescue911 Active Member

Thank you for fixing the problems with the file Yoram.I can go back and see the problems with mine now .I learn something new everyday. :doubleup:

23. TigerPilot

I finally got around to build this plane. I did it with the DollarTree foam. After maiding (is that a word?) it I found out two things. The CG was a bit farther back than I thought. It's on the carbon spar, more or less. But the biggest problem was that the whole wing flutters. The spar is the flatter axis. I'll have to re-build it but this time I'll double the wings. That should give it enough stiffness.

AUW was 154gr or 5.4oz.
    The motor I used is this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=8478 with a 7x6 prop which was enough power. I didn't try vertical yet but it's close to doing it.
    Battery was 2s 40c 460ma.
    The servos are 3.7gr.

I'll see how it will fly with the wing doubled and will report here. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. kram242

Looks good Yoram :doubleup: looking forward to your report
    Mark and Trish

25. TigerPilot

I'm on my third incarnation of this model. I tried to double the wing and it alleviated the problem. It was just to much work, I thought, so when I had a close encounter of the tree kind I decided to make the single wing version but this time not to remove the paper from the wing part. No more flatter, what's so ever. It flies fast and slow alike. A little bit of wind doesn't hurt it. To much wind and it just gets tossed all over. I left the paper only on the wing, though. I still removed the paper of every thing else, including the ailerons.

I need to get some better servos. I used the cheap 3.7gr servos. I still want to use some under 5gr servos but I don't feel like paying $10 each when the rest of the plane, including receiver and battery are $10. I may end up going with the HXT500 for the elevator. That's where I found it to be the most critical with the 3.7gr servos. They just don't react properly. They have enough torque, though, for this plane.

Over all I rate this plane fun to fly and very responsive. It's not a 3d plane but with the motor I use I can almost hang on the prop. Maybe if I use a smaller prop, I'm using a 7x6, it could hang on the prop.