1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Twin Engine for FPV (incomplete)

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by JBourdon, Jan 15, 2009.

1. JBourdon

JBourdon New Member

This is the first airplane I design.

I took a lot of inspiration from an existing plane. I wanted a version same size, but more space inside.
    then I could improve it. (landing gear, differnt cockpit, etc)

It is planned for both 6mm and 3 mm depron, and some covering

I am only working on fuse now as I have Profili for the wings.

I'd welcome any constructive advice, and if you want to help, you're welcome. Attached files BiMo.skp.zip (187.1 KB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. meistertek

meistertek Member

Wow! It looks cool so far. Are you going to reinforce any areas with carbon fiber? What kind of covering do you plan using?

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

JBourdon, Looking good so far. I one bit of advice I will mention is try to keep your parts with as few cross angle lines as possible. When ever possible try to connect two faces without having to create an angle line between them, in the long run it will make for easy assembly and clean cut parts to code. Hope this helps

I have to say the way that you have decided to build this design is completely unique in the way the ribbing is done for the fuse, its a way I have not seen before, very creative indeed, I am curious to know how strong the final result will be. Have you tried out a test using this technique before?
    Keep up the good work
    Mark

4. JBourdon

JBourdon New Member

No, no experience of building fuse like this
    what you saw is a very early version. much more to do. Many errors still compared to what I have in my head, the nose is completely wrong....

Most of it will be symetical. but the some part, ike the 3mm floor baord will be larger than the Sketchup plan so far and allow for a flat floor inside the plane, flat belly, and like the halffuse very well. same thing with some of the wing holder parts.

One important part missing is a horizontal rib approximately at half height of the fuse.

my plan is to use as little material possible but in a way that torsion will be fought by the opposite part of where the torsion applies.
    We'll see how it works when I put it together...

So far, I have only planed a carbon fibre ro for the wings... I think i might need to review that.

the plane I am taking my inspiration from is injected EPP. Depron being stiffer, I think I can use less material.