1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Unnamed Jet

Discussion in '* Scratch Built Section *' started by jkarnacki, Feb 18, 2011.

1. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

Hey guyz, this is something I worked up a few weeks ago but haven't been able to try it out yet. I figure why not post it in here, maybe somebody wants to give it a try. I really like the looks of it so far, I just want to blend the transition where the wing and fuse meet and maybe make the air intakes (just for looks but they might actually be functional) a bit bigger. At a 30" wingspan it's designed to be powered by something like a 2812-06 parkjet motor or similar.

Please post here if any of you decide to make something out of it...

- Jeff

Attached files [​IMG] Jet 1.skp (102.2 KB)Â

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Looks good Jeff. From the proportions, it looks like it should fly well.
    I have a delta wing I've designed too, but mine is a ducted fan. I haven't been able to cut and fly mine yet either. Mine is a little bit smaller than yours at 23" WS and will take a 64mm fan.

3. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

If you ever build the delta model it would be awesome to see the plans as well as the fan/motor/lipo combo that you use, hopefully a cheep one, too, like from HK or hobbypartz. I've never used an EDF before, I hear they're terribly inefficient compared to props, but they make such a neat noise!

- Jeff

4. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I will surely be posting the plans and everything after I make sure it flies. Right now it will have a fan unit that came out of another plane that I crashed, but yes it will be able to use a cheap fan like the ones from Hobbypartz. BTW the plane that this fan unit came out of was going over 100mph with a 3s 2200 pack.