1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Ustream and Firefox

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by theothers, Oct 30, 2009.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

So, some of you guyz have been unable to load and watch the live ustream at the bottom of the homepage here on the Phlatforum. I did a little research tonight and came across the following information that I thought might be helpful (edit - I removed the information).

Ok, thanks to gashmasher and Fozzy, we have narrowed down what the problem isn't. Unfortunately, we don't have a real solution just yet. We will continue to look into this and please, if anyone has any ideas, please let us know.

Thank you,

Mark and Trish

2. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

I thought I would post what I found after further research. I had a static IP setup to ustream and it always seemed to work fine for me. Last night I removed the static IP (so I was back to a regular configuration) and it still appeared to work fine.

The interesting part is I disabled the Flashblock plugin and could recreate the problem. If I scroll to the area of the page where the player should be and refresh it shows up. If it is off the screen the player never loads. This is very similar to what Fozzy reported.

I enabled Flashblock again and I get the normal flashblock window. This is a rectangle with a play button in the middle. That way flash doesn't just automatically start playing when you open a page. I haven't seen the problem at all with Flashblock enabled but it does require that one click to get the video started.

I recommend a few people that are having problems install Flashblock and see what happens.

3. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Tim,

Thanks for this info. In looking at the chat, it looks like this has already worked for blindflight. Thank you so much. Hopefully, this will solve the problem! Hitting play on a video is much better than not playing the video at all.

Thanks

Mark and Trish