1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Weekend Project

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by theothers, Mar 26, 2011.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hey guyz. Check out what we have been doing this weekend.

We have a septic system rather than a hook up to city water and sewer. The heavy rain and snow have left the ground saturated. We decided, well the septic system decided it was a good idea to move our washing machine off of the regular septic area. Boy did that open up a can of worms. What was supposed to take a few hours will easily take the entire weekend. There's no turning back now! Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tweakie

Tweakie Member

Looks like more than just a weekend project to me :(

Tweakie.

3. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Well that sure stinks. :tease:

4. theothers

Yeah, it certainly could be more than a weekend project but we only have the back hoe for the weekend so by the end of tonight, we have to have it all buttoned up. This project, so far, has required 4 trips to Lowes and 2 trips to the stone store. Hopefully, we have everything we need now and can get it all done.

5. dugd1013

dugd1013 Member

I'm sure glad we are on city hookups! My folks went through that same issue when they lived outside the city services area. On the up side, our front lawn always looked nice due to the year round watering and fertilizing! :shock:

6. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

So did you guys get it all fixed? I have a feeling our septic tank is gonna need to be pumped in the near future.

7. theothers

Yes, we got it fixed. Still going with the pumping today. After reading a lot on the internet about it, they say proper mainentance requires that you pump once a year. The holes are filled in and the washer now has it's own drain field woo hoo. That was a lot of work and took us from Saturday morning right into Sunday evening. Definitely a bigger job than we had anticipated but it will be well worth it in the long run.

Now, if we could only figure out how to grow grass under oak trees.

Mark and Trish

8. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Isn't that the way it always is... I've never had a job involved with a house turn in to a smaller job than anticipated :) Particularly the ones the boss volunteers me to do for her friends....

9. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

:D So true!
    Its been one thing after the other and you start one project it opens a can of worms :D
    Its like that in construction and I guess it teaches patience because you know not matter how small the job is it always turns out to take longer and is more involved then what you bid it for :) You would think over the years, the lesson would be learned but... :D
    Mark and Trish