1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

What was it like for you?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Phlatprinter talk' started by Jnida63, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

I feel like Golem from Lord of the Rings waiting on my final part of "My Precious" to show up.

Hehe, the wood parts are here, electronics are here and I can't do anything else till the hardware shows up.

I am so jazzed about the Phlatprinter than even if it showed up 30 minutes ago it wouldn't have been soon enough!!

So, back to the question, what was it like for you waiting for your best friend a builder could ever have?

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Well I'm a patient man, so for me the wait wasn't too bad ;) My kit came in stages, so I had part of the Phlat Kit, and the electronics. Then the wood for the kit came later.
    Actually while I was waiting for the bits and pieces, I didn't have much free time to fret about whether the parts were there or not. I kinda planned it that way so I would have everything in place for when the kids swimming wound down for the holidays. My wife is the pres of their swim team, so of course I get enlisted for helping with various things.

I got the thing built, and then it was back to the evening routine. Now I just need to find time to actually use it. :)

3. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

What was it like for me?
    I too got some of the parts but not all of them and was biting at the bit for them to show up . Watched the videos 3 times so I knew what to do when it all got here. Tested the steppers and marked the wires and waited. :( When It was all here and ready to go I had Vacation planned In SanFransisco " I live in NJ" for a week. LOL was thinking of telling the wife to go without me. I dont think that would go over so good. SO I Kept My Mouth Shut. :lol: When I got home I rushed to get it all together. I would not do that again. If I build a new box with some of the mods I would take my time to let the glue dry and make sure every thing was Straight and Tight. Watching the videos I just kept going on building trying to hold everything together as the glue was drying . I think my PP would be a little more true and faster if I took my time . It also takes some time to break in the rods and get the motors tuned rite. Anyone building A PP should take there time and ask the fourm if they have any questions on anything. The PP still amazes me Every time I cut with it. It Truly is a Best Friend a builder Could Ever Have!!!

Cheers
    E-T

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

The waiting was tough! Read through all the modifications people have made and decide which, if any, you want to incorporate. Remember, even a bad glue joint will destroy any parts you want to intentionally remove later (that's another part of Murphy's Law). ;)

5. meistertek

meistertek Member

I got my PhlatPrinter parts all within a few days of each other right around Christmas and New Years time. I was freaking out because I was so excited to start building! The first few nights I tested the steppers per the videos, but then I had to go to visit family for Christmas. I was telling everyone about the "PhlatPrinter" at Christmas. I was like "PhlatPrinter, bla be blah, PhlatPrinter, ya PhaltPrinter!" I was probably driving everyone nuts!

Then when I got back I went nuts building and literally did not sleep except for four hours a day for a few days. When it was all finished I cut out the 2009 glasses Mark and Trish posted for the New Year and I knew at that point the PhlatPrinter was going to be awesome! You can see in this photo I am half crazed from lack of sleep, but happy!
    Attached files [​IMG]

6. Thewz

Thewz Moderator

I ordered the complete kit as soon as it was avaiable. It arrived a few weeks later so that part wasn't too bad....waiting till I could order it was the tough part.

Take a look at Post # 982 here....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 87&page=66

I sent myself to the corner at one point.....:)