1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Win a Phlatprinter MK3 Contest !!

Discussion in '* Contests * Win Cool Stuff!' started by theothers, Jul 21, 2010.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Send us your favorite R/C picture of you and your favorite plane for a chance to win a Phlatprinter MK3 Kit. If possible, make it a funny picture as we will be showing them on our weekly Wednesday night Phlatboyz LIVE Show. A good example is attached here. This is the first entry we received. It's a group of guyz saluting the carnage of a foamie crash.
    We will show all of the pictures and call out all entry names live on the show. The names will not necessarily match the pictures as we are going to use the picture as part of our verification process.

How to win:
    We're doing this radio style. A local radio station here calls out listener club names and gives a certain amount of time for that person to call in. That is what we are basing this contest on.
    1. Watch the weekly Wednesday Night Phlatboyz LIVE Show starting at 8:00 EST. If we call your name, call the Phlat Phone at 856-417-3377 within 5 minutes. Timer will be set after the name is called.

Rulez:
    1. Email an original picture of you holding your favorite plane (or just your favorite r/c picture) to phlatboyz@phlatboyz.com. Enter Win a Phlatprinter MK3 Contest in the subject line.
    2. The picture must be taken from a personal camera and experience. In other words, not a commercial picture you found on the internet, etc.
    2. Include your first and last name and your mailing address where the Phlatprinter Kit will be shipped.
    3. Only one entry per person, per household.
    4. No purchase necessary.
    5. If you name is announced, call the Phlat Phone within 5 minutes. You will need to identify the picture that was sent so we can verify you.
    6. Any posts made in this thread by kram242 or the others will be considered part of the Rulez.
    7. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm on August 9, 2010
    8. If we are unable to ship the Phlatprinter MK3 Kit for any reason outside of our control, we will randomly draw another name on the next Wednesday night Phlatboyz LIVE Show.
    9. Shipping date will be determined by Mark and Trish Carew. No exact shipping date has been set.
    10. We reserve the right to cancel this contest at any time and not award a prize for any reason.
    11. Mark and Trish Carew of Phlatboyz, LLC are the final judges on awarding the prize.
    12. Void where prohibited.

Prize:

A Phlatprinter MK3 Kit!!
    We will include everything needed to build the Phlatprinter MK3 excluding the electronics. Shipping costs paid by the winner of this contest. We do ship international but our ability to ship depends on your countries rules and regulations. Attached files [​IMG]

2. crash5050

crash5050 Member

AAARRGGHH The Suspense!

3. rcflyboynj

rcflyboynj Member

Which show? August 4th I presume since the deadline is August 2nd??

thanks,

Nate

4. rayclark

rayclark Member

Bummer...I'm on dial-up at home . It takes at least 30 minutes for me to load the first 5 minutes. :( I always watch the show the next day at work.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Yeah Ray - I'm always on the road during show-time, which means IF my name was called, and someone who had my cell number called me, then I'd have maybe a couple minutes to call the PhlatLine while ducking rush-hour traffic.
    On the other hand, if you have a cell phone or a number that wouldn't be tied up with your dialup, somebody could call you to relay the message, also.
    So, you and I could enter, then hope for luck and a kind-hearted individual to BOTH be available at the same time.

6. rayclark

rayclark Member

Dorsal...That's a great idea. Guess I'll enter and give it a shot. I'll put my cell number in my signature.

Ray

7. ToxicToast

ToxicToast Down in the weeds. Staff Member

Being on the West Coast, this is a bummer! I'm usually chained to my desk then!

8. theothers

I think you guyz have the right idea. Buddy up! Just remember, it has to be YOU that calls in ;)

As for our West Coast Phlat Friends, our show starts at 5:00, your time and sometimes goes pretty long. Hopefully, you'll be able to catch some of it (the important part :D )

9. tsknutsen

tsknutsen Member

Bummer as i live in norway and the show is at night... hmm, better change my sleep pattern soon :p

10. imperador

imperador New Member

Gostaria de saber da MK3???? É suspense!!!! :roll:

11. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum imperador. Please note this is an English speaking forum. We appreciate it if you post in English.

12. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Entry in, Mark let me know if it is acceptable

13. GorillaBob

GorillaBob New Member

Ok, I'm In! Hope I can get the wife to let me watch the show again!

14. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

It's Portuguese but very similar to Spanish so here goes the English version:
    "I'd like to know about the MK3????? The suspense!!!!"

That was easy, wasn't it?
    I just love to showoff my quad-lingual stuff :mrgreen:

15. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

:D Got it Jeff, thank you :D

16. theothers

Hey guyz. I just have to say...the pics you are sending are awesome!! We love every one of them! They are so funny! You don't want to miss the show that we announce the winner even if you didn't enter the contest! Great job guyz.

Mark and Trish

17. theothers

Just so you know, if you are considering entering our contest, your picture does not HAVE to be funny. The funny ones will help make a great show but please, enter with what you have!

We are considering extending the contest deadline. We will keep you posted!

Mark and Trish

18. theothers

We are going to extend the contest deadline to 11:59 pm on August 9, 2010.

We hope this gives everyone who wants to enter a chance to send us their entry!

Please spread the word!

Thank you,

Mark and Trish

19. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Hey, wow I almost missed this one! I entered, my picture was 5mb I hope you got it! Great idea for a contest!!! I can not wait to see what everyone sent in.

20. theothers

We got your pick Any. Glad you didn't miss the contest! Thanks for entering. Good luck!

Mark and Trish

21. theothers

Chris, ToxicToast, is the winner of the Win a Phlatpriner MK3 Contest!
    He dodged traffic on a busy California highway after receiving a call from Mike, Crash, letting him know that his name was called. With only 1 minute and 7 seconds left of the 5 minute time limit was left when the Phlat Phone rang. Congratulations Chris!!

Lee, mudman1959 won second prize which was free shipping on the Phlatprinter MK3.
    Shaun, 3DMON, won third prize which was a Phlatboyz Prize Pack.
    In the end, they were both very happy to switch prizes so it all worked out.

[​IMG]

This show was a lot of fun and we can not thank you all enough for entering the contest, watching our Wednesday Night Phlat Lab LIVE Show, and for your continued support.

Don't forget to sign up for the Phlatprinter waiting list for a $50 USD discount. This discount is available only until production begins. So, lock in your discount today!

If you missed the LIVE show and/or want to check out the contest submissions, you can check them out here: viewtopic.php?f=156&t=2131

22. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations to all the winners!!!

23. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Thanks again for the awesome contest guys!
    Congrats Toast! I bet your ride home last night was much more enjoyable.
    Mudman, thanks for switching prizes. I'll put that free shipping to good use for sure. :D

24. meistertek

meistertek Member

Congrats to the winners and Mark and Trish for holding such a fun contest. I watched the video and it was great seeing everyone's photos!

25. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

By the way, as this latest contest dramatically illustrated, having a "signature" that includes at least your first name could make a world of difference someday - people might know whom to call. ;)
    Click on "User Control Panel" (toward the upper left of this screen), then the "Profile" tab along the top, then click the "Edit Signature" tab on the left. There is an 80 character limit.