1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

x-axis heads up....

Discussion in 'Trouble Shooting - Support - Help Section' started by rjarois, May 23, 2009.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

i was happily cuttin away of the phlatty....after i heard the cycle was complete i went to take the cut sheet out.......man it was like omg what the heck took place??? the thing looked as it Freddie Kruger took his finger nails all over the foam....i couldn't even recognize what i was cuttin...i chucked it up to maybe a bug in the program, or something i did wrong making the program and remade it. stuck a piece of test foam, this time watchin it run....started to do all kinds of crazy cuts.....man i was like what the heck....took out foam and dry run the program....the x-axis roller would stop and go....ahhh the pully come loose somehow. i didn't make a access hole for the x axis, just the y. to fix rite, the rods had to come out with the adjusters, control board removed, end taken off, to take out motor to slam a drill point for the set-screw and fix rite...so i just dripped some loctite, and retightened the set-screw, hopefully it will hang now...this is to anyone building a phlatprinter make sure you install them pulleys good, sink a drill point, even if ther is a flat on the stepper motor shaft, mark thru the hole, and take your dremel and grind a lil dimple the ensure that baby cant slip like mine did. as of now this is my first, and hopefully last mechanical problem. randy.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

It only takes a sharp metal file or a fairly steady hand with the Dremel and a grinder wheel to put a flat on ALL the stepper shafts. That's what I did on day one, and nothing has ever come loose unless I took an allen wrench to it. :)

3. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

yea Dennis the x-axis was the only one i didn't cram a drill point into....i supposed i was to focused on the screw drives...that the monkey in me.....

4. actaline

actaline New Member

I would like to resume this post. With the new motors the shaft has already a flat area, but the timing pulley doesn't so it goes slippery no matter how strong you block the allen screw.
    Does anyone know if there is any timing pulley with the same shape of the motors shaft to definetely solve this little issue on MKI?
    Thanks
    Carlo Attached files [​IMG]

5. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

actaline, I am not aware of any such pulley but we just recently started to replace the standard grub screw with a socket cap screw that includes a nylon patch to help prevent loosening. It works really well. We would be happy to send you one if you would like. They are very small and would fit in a standard envelope. Please let us know if you are interested and pm us your current address.

Thanks,

Mark and Trish