1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Yet another Stryker clone

Discussion in 'Projects on your Phlatprinter 3' started by jkarnacki, Dec 30, 2010.

1. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

Yes, ANOTHER attempt at a Stryker clone. I lost my real one a few months ago and have been grieving ever since. When will I give up and just buy one?

Take a look at my skp files and let me know what you think! BTW, those are KFM3 steps in there, 50% on top and bottom.

- Jeff Attached files stryker6.skp (309.7 KB)Â

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Jeff, I've assembled it in SU. Two things I found. The canopy is not quite the outline of the fuse in the nose area but it's not a big deal if you make it solid. Just a bit of sanding. Really just a bit.

Are you going to make the wings in one or in two pieces. Right now it's in one and it wouldn't fit in the safe area.

3. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

4. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

wow, I knew you could buy spare parts, but I didn't know they were that cheap! Now to figure out whether I want to trash all my hard work in sketchup :eek:

Hey at least I learned a bit about making fuses with curves and using the unfold tool.

- Jeff

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

What you should make is a plaster cast from the offset surface, then use the PhlatFormer to vacuum-mold some 3mm EPP or Depron sheet to that mold to make your own sell-able replacement Stryker airframes. :idea:

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I think that plane needs a belly boat so it can take off and land in the water like the Polaris. You could vacuum for that and make it glue right to the bottom :)
    Just throwin out some ideas
    Mark and Trish