1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Safe Area questions

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by jonquinn, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jonquinn

jonquinn Member

first, when setting a safe area (from what I've read on old posts) I need to run my sketchup drawing through g-code first, set the safe area dimensions, and then put parts insidethe safe area - is this right? all my parts are groups,not components.

second - if my parts will take up multiple sheets of foam (2'x4'), do need to save each sheet as a separate file? This won't run sequential sheets (with different parts) on its own - is this right?

I've been converting a pdf drawing of the Schumate T-38/F-5E Pusher jet (100% or 28.25" wingspan) as my next poject to run on my phlatprinter. Its mostly done, exept for the add on parts to convert the T-38 to the F-5E Tiger.

2. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

You have to have your parts in the safe area. You can have parts outside the safe area but the gcode will not generate for them till there in the safe area.

Here is how I do mulitable sheets. Safe aera is on second sheet. All parts are exploded and rdy for applying gcode. After gcode is applyed to ALL Parts. Hit generate gcode button move safe aera to bottom set of parts and hit generate gcode button again. Make sure you change the name.

Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG]

3. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

FWIW, I save each sheet to a separate file. I also save one copy without phlatlines, and one with. Inevitably I always need to make a change, and I find it easier this way.

4. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I also do that one file named "Blah Blah" and One Named "Blah Blah Gcode 1_16" or "Blah Blah Gcode 1_8"

Cheers
    E-T