1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Anther thing you shouldn't do with your PhaltPrinter

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Build Support' started by TigerPilot, Jul 19, 2011.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I don't know what possessed me but instead of lowering the pressure roller with a jerk I RAISED them with a jerk. Let me tell you, boys and girls, do not do it. The arm can't take the joke. it broke at the weakest point, of course. :oops:

I wrote Mark and Trish asking for replacement but they reply only after three days so I'm still two days before they will answer me and tell me what's up with the possibility of replacing the parts.

Any idea of a temporary solution? Attached files [​IMG]

2. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to hear that this happened. :( If you have the old peice that broke off....Thin ca would do the trick for a short while. I would take the arm off first though. I'm Sure you can get a Replacment from M&T ,But I think it might be a few days with whats going on.

Cheers
    E-T

3. TigerPilot

Naaw. that thing is unfortunately toast. Maybe if I can get a piece of alu to replace the broken portion. I'll see! I hope Mark and Trish will be able to attend to it soon.

4. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hello TigerPilot. We apologize for not getting back to you sooner. We have been taking care of a sick family member who just passed away. We will ship your replacement parts today. You will not receive any tracking information because our computers/equipment and things are in limbo here and we will need to take your package to the post office rather than printing a shipping label as we normally would. Rest assured though, we will ship your package today.

Thank you,

Mark and Trish

5. TigerPilot

Thanks, Trish, much appreciated, really.

6. TigerPilot

Even with all the things Mark and Trish have going on they still found the time to send me my replacement part, which arrived today. Thank you!!! :doubleup:

Unlike the part form SDP-SI, that little pulley for the X-axis, where they charged me $13 for shipping and handling, it never arrived yet!!! People, please don't buy there!!!