1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Fozzy's Build OR 10 impossible things to do before breakfast

Discussion in 'Phlatprinter BUILD LOGS' started by FozzyTheBear, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Now, wheres the center of gravity at? :lol:

2. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

No Idea until I get the wings on it :lol:

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Julian that looks fantastic! I can wait to see it with the stickers on it, great job
    Mark

4. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I stand corrected on this statement I made. In that statement I was referring to the 1/8" bit that is used on the foam. With that bit I did not get good results, but I just tried on of my 1/16" fishtail diamond bits and was blown away on how much cleaner the cuts are. I'm glad I tried it, because now I like it better than the chipbreaker bits I was using.

5. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Thanks Mark.... Now that is the hard part..... The original cabinet used stencils and all the colour artwork was painted on. I've got copies of the stencils taken from a real cabinet. All I need to do now is to scale them down to 1/6th full size and hope that I can get them to work that size. It's a bit of an experiment, but I think it's possible. Should be fun to try anyway :D

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

6. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Nice work Julian! Defender is one of my all time favourite games. Good luck with the stencils and painting, if the stencils don't work out then i've got some inkjet water-slide transfer paper you could try.

7. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Hey! thanks! that's not a bad idea with the water slide decals. The only problem I can see with that would be the white backing on them that doesn't go transparent. I might have a think about that though. I think I've still got a sheet of that stuff left from when I did the decals on my Twinstar.

The control panel and the screen bezel are not too bad, because they can be printed and then laminated. That should work out pretty good.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

8. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

9. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Cheers Si,

The stuff I've got at the moment is the Lazertran paper... http://www.lazertran.com/products/lazertran_products_inkjet.htm

The benefit of it is that you don't have to spray it with lacquer before soaking it in water. You just print on it and it reacts with the surface making the printed ink waterproof. Works great on my planes, here's a link to the painting and transfer method I use on foam planes: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12062518&postcount=9

[​IMG]

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

10. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Very nice mate. Some good tips there for making Elapor look nice too, which isn't easy!

BTW, I don't use laquer either. I print the image in reverse (mirrored), spray the printed side with 3M77 adhesive and then stick it to the model, then remove the paper carrier using water. This method seals the ink between the model and the waterslide film which makes the print waterproof ;) .

11. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Neat tip Si!!! I must try that out....

I just noticed that you're in Birmingham! I was born in Walsall.... Bloxwich Maternity Hospital to be precise, which as far as know is now a car park for ASDA :lol: that's a Walmart store for you guys in the USA... :lol: So I was born in a WallyWorld Carpark... Explains a lot of things Huh!! :D

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

12. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

Nice machine you got there Fozz. Defender just aint the same on the new video game consoles. Great finishing tips guys, will it work on any old printer?
    I was born at the family video. Most people don't even believe a hospital would fit on the same property.

Jeff

13. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Yeah Jeff, it works on any inkjet printer... You can also get a laser version of the paper that works with (not surprisingly :lol: ) laser printers.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)