1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Grayson Camera, plane

Discussion in '* Scratch Built Section *' started by AnyAirRc, Jul 16, 2009.

1. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Hey guys I am going to work on a camera plane to carry the Grayson Micro camera. Many retailers are selling this camera now so I built a 1:1 scale (really close to scale) model. If you want the model of the camera it can be found in the warehouse at http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=4118c70f2d48478a221b53ac0f95149c. I hope someone out there can use it.

I'll post more on the plane as it gets closer to being done. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Very nice, Jason! Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm sure that it will come in handy for folks looking to build an AP plane around it.

I have been thinking for some time now that I should start building myself a library of these types of files so that I can add them to my finished projects.

3. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Ok I have version 1 done up in SketchUp let me know what you think. I have a light motor that puts out a lot of punch and my plan is to put a 2000 in the nose for extended flight times and CG balance. There are two camera positions, strait down viewing through the bottom of the plane and almost strait up viewing out the the front. viewing out the front shows just a little bit of the planes nose, I measured the viewing angle.

Feel free to post your ideas to make this one better. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. meistertek

meistertek Member

Looks pretty sweet Jason! Kind of a delta flying wing looking camera plane.

I always liked the forward facing camera set up when flying low. The downward facing will be cool for high altitude flights. It's nice that you added both options. Maybe one day Google will hire us to take close aerial photos for google map! lol!

5. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

The camera takes sweet video, I did some onboad video from my new secret project plane for RcPowers.com and the forward facing video was great at 80ish mph 5-10 feet off the deck down the runway. I also taped it to the bottom of my 3d plane but you have to be really high to see much of the area around you. I think I will have to do some really easy to see paint on the camera wing so I can fly it 1000+ feet up lol.

6. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I use dark wing, like red or blue, with two big white circles on the bottom, one for each wing. I can see it clearly until I almost don't see the plane anymore. I do use high-winged airplane for that, just to have a better stability. http://spadworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15961. The top is white but the bottom is the red as the ailerons are.

7. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Here is some video shot with this camera on my new design the F-16

8. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Cool video!
    A buddy of mine has one of those 900mhz wireless cams and if it gets pointed towards the sun, the lens wigs out and the quality of the video is nowhere near as good as this one.
    Our technology just keeps getting better and better.
    Nice F-16 too!

9. iflyos

iflyos Member

I gotta get one of those camera's! That was really impressive. I would love to tool around and get some aerial video just for the fun of it...and with the model you did for Sketchup, it will be really easy to do like you and design a plane just for that purpose..something stable that keeps the camera well protected and firmly mounted, eliminating the need for jury-rigging it to an airframe!

Tim
    AG4RZ

10. AnyAirRc

AnyAirRc Moderator

Hey guys just did another video for my F-16 with this cam. I have been having so much fun with the F-16 I have not started the camera plane yet.

Well here is some more video

11. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Man that F-16 flies great AnyAir!
    Cool videos man
    Mark