1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Great cutting accuracy!

Discussion in 'General Phlatprinter 3 Chat' started by dhc8guru, Jul 7, 2011.

1. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

I don't know what I did but after multiple adjustments and caliberations, my phlatprinter is making extremely accurate cuts. One segment of a program I am running, literally runs 99% of a 600 line program and comes back at the end to make a final corner cut the meets up with another cut that is made at the beginning of the program and it hits it bang on. :banger:
    The only stuble is cutting circles. A constant milled out circular pocket is perfectly round and very entertaining to watch being cut. But a thru cut circle with tabs not as perfect. Its acceptable but could be better.

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

I am always amazed at the accuracy of the cuts. I don't have any issues with circles, even very small ones.
    Quick story. Way back when I had my much modified MK1.5 I started to cut a project with lots of tabs, and such. Well I ran out of foam, and before I could get more I ended up selling my MK1.5 in anticipation of the PP/// So after I put together the PPP/// I proceeded to cut out the rest of the project I started with the older PP. EVERYTHING lined up EXACTLY. And this was with the original rollers on the PP/// that had some skewing issues under certain circumstances.

I understand why it works, but it is still amazing that it does.

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Awesome to hear Tom! :good:
    Good luck with the new business we wish you much success.
    Remember that all PhlatCLUB members can place their banner ad on the Phlatforum in the random banner rotation free of charge! So if you have on made or when you do, please send it to us at phlatboyz@phlatboyz.com and we will add it to the Phlatforum.
    Thank you
    Mark and Trish

4. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

Thanks Mark!