1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Hammerhead

Discussion in '* Scratch Built Section *' started by filthybeast, Apr 10, 2009.

1. filthybeast

filthybeast New Member

This one flys, sorta lol, I built 2 of these so far but smashed them up in short order tryin to figure out the cg. I wanted an entry level parkjet that was capable of slow speeds, its to slow, seems to want to put around the field in high alpha mode VERY slowly. Advice needed! prob needs more power, using an old 17 turn lens rc motor with a 10amp esc, going to put a emax 2805 and 18amp esc on the next one-

Fred

Attached files [​IMG] hammerhead.zip (721.1 KB)Â

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Man, you got yourself a can of worms here, filthybeast. A canard has special issues. The canard has to stall before the main wing stalls or it will not fly. Every time you'll pull the nose up to much the main wing can stall it will not get out of the stall if the canard didn't stall first.

Yoram

3. Thewz

Thewz Moderator

Looks like he has a KF step on the main wing so it will mitigate stalls. The canard is so far forward that it should stall prior to the main wing. The AOA of the canard can also be adjusted to force a stall prior to the main wing if needed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

5. Thewz

Thewz Moderator

Right about the CG but the way the canard interacts with the main wing does have a lot to do with the main wing airfoil.

6. filthybeast

filthybeast New Member

Thanks for the link to the calc!

This was my inspiration for this plane, I know, Ive gotten way off from the original design, but a ducted fan water plane was way beyond my modeling skills, if even possible.
    There was a website about this plane but can no longer find it, Id love to see someone with some better skills tackle this project- Attached files [​IMG]