1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlatboyz Sentinel Plane!!!

Discussion in ''Aircraft KITS' you are working on' started by xtremeRCpilot, Mar 19, 2010.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks John :D
    I have to ask you how did you get the lines so crisp on the Andy logo? I keep staring at it and I wonder if it was a sharpie or an airbrush?
    Mark

2. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hi Mark, Exactly, I used a sharpie to highlight the detail!!!! I start with a base template, and then go in and do different layers to get the outlines, then freehand the solids and most highlights and finish with t he sharpie in this case to pop out the character !!! :) Hope this makes sense!! It was alot of fun but the bigger the object the easier it is :eek:
    Have a great week my Friend!!! :D

John

3. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Way to go John, this is an awesome paint job....Can't wait to see Mark flying her!!! :mrgreen:

4. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Peter, me too, I know Mark will have a blast with this bird!! It really does fly as well as it looks LOL :D

John

5. kram242

Me either :mrgreen:
    I think I could finally learn rolling turns on this one?
    Mark

6. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hey guyz. Mark was too embarassed to post this video so I did. We're sure John would like to see it and hopefully, everyone else enjoys it too. Sorry that it is an unedited version. This is raw Toledo Show footage of Mark flying the Phlatboyz Sentinel Plane. Thanks again John!!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Mark, if I had been flying anything that good, I'd be braggin' ! I remember telling you in Toledo that after watching you fly, I was ready to burn my plane and transmitter - You rock dude! :cool:

8. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I don't know what was there to be ashamed of, Mark. Nice flying!! That's where the practice on flying between the trees, all those years, comes in handy.

9. Ampair

Ampair New Member

BETWEEN the trees?

Is that allowed? I might try it, just as a break with tradition.

10. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Awesome Mark, That is very good flying, remember that you are flying a 36" wingspan in a 2' x 2' area :D Wait until you have a nice no wind evening out at the filed it is going to feel like a new bird :)
    One note for you on trimming, I always take my planes up and while flying away from me with level flight stable, take your hands off the sticks and see if the plane is yawing to the left or right, by adjusting the rudder trim and getting a perfect heading you will be able to master the maneuvers very fast, it seemed that your plane may be yawing to the left so a few clicks of right rudder trim and you should be set( now this was from my perspective and may not be accurate) everyone forgets to trim the rudder :p Once again great job!!!

John

11. kram242

You guys are too kind! :oops: I do feel like if I was outside I would have had better luck :D
    I am glad Trish posted this though it brought back good times :)
    Pattern flying is still new to me and I feel like I am trying to fly it like its a elevon plane.
    This is the second time I have ever flown with ailerons and a rudder so in that respect I feel I did ok without any major damages to the plane. I will get the hang of it, I just need to practice :D
    Thank you for the tips John I will keep them in mind when I get her outside.
    Thanks again boyz! Good times! :mrgreen:
    Mark

12. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Knowing that A) Mark hadn't flown a plane like this before, B) his biggest experience is with elevon-type planes, and C) seeing how small that gym was, I just knew he was gonna trash that plane. I LOVE my Sentinel, but it can be a handful if you've not got some experience with planes of this type and I was afraid that he was gonna ask me to maiden it for him. :lol:

Boy, was I surprised! Mark's got some major SKILLZ! That video is his MAIDEN FLIGHT! After he gets a few more flights on her, I wanna see another video - I'll bet he'll look like a true F3P pilot!

Good show, Mark!

13. kram242

Mike your to kind :D I sure hope to get more practice on this one. One thing I can say is that the (plane) looked GREAT out there :mrgreen:
    I love to watch the way the F3P guyz fly and someday hope that I can fly like that.
    Theres nothing like the feel of turning with the rudder/ailerons at the same time :) It turns nice and flat.
    Mark