1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

PhlatCode Multipass Manglerizer NOW V 1.2.0

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Related Software' started by FozzyTheBear, Nov 17, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

The new version is working great for me Fozzy! (Windows 7) YEAH!!
    Its too cool too see this layered code in Mach3 :D
    I do have a couple things to report
    1) I noticed that it treats the entire file as one large cut, where as if you have grouped files for a certain cut order it should maintain that structure. (cut one group until complete then move to the next)
    2) After each layer is complete it moves to zero then goes to start the next layer
    Other then these its working perfect for me.
    You sure kicked some butt last night brother!
    Attached files gcode_out.cnc (43.7 KB)Â

2. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

WOW, working Awesome Julian!!! I cant wait to do a test cut :D

Thanks
    John

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I just now got a chance to put the resulting code on the machine to try it, but it seems the file I am trying to process exposes an issue in the phlatscript that seems to prevent it from completing, something to do with arcs I believe. So anyway, I will need to write a ticket for that separately. Maybe Tim can figure out what is happening there.

I am looking at the gcode produced by the multipass app and best I can tell it did not exceed the original cut depth, so that is good.

I had just been reading the comments and when I saw that particular comment, I became concerned but I had not had a chance to examine the gcode at that time.

One thing this app has exposed for me at least, is that my Z axis is giving me fits. I had created an SU file to produce Bowsies for my sailboat and was going to cut them from 1/16" phonelic. The parts are quite small. When I started testing it, I discovered my Z axis kept rising and at first thought it was due to the multipass script, but then determined that the Z axis is missing steps like crazy when this particular file is attempted.

In the past I have had some intermittent errors in which the Z axis did not return to zero, but this particular file combined with multipass processing really brought the problem with hardware to the forefront. Now I have to figure out why I am missing steps.

One step forward, two steps back. Kinda like the cowboy dance :lol:

4. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

[​IMG]
    Gorbon Dallas?

5. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Absolutely!! I think you misunderstood what I was saying.... I don't specify the depths of cut in this software.... The original Phlatcode Specifies the maximum depth of cut. All I'm doing is restricting how far down that depth of cut the tool is allowed to go on each pass.

Kwok got what I was saying.....The overcut is specified in the original phlat code..... I had to do something to limit it. Because when you start cutting something 2" thick that 40% problem could be HUGE!!! So now if the Original Phlatcode specifies an overcut bigger than 1/10th of an inch then the multipass software knocks that back to exactly 1/10th of an inch. :D

So you can still set your overcut to 0% and the multipass will have 0% overcut in it.

Actually guys!! thinking about that a bit further.... Would it be useful to have that as an adjustable parameter in the interface so that you could set the maximum permitted overcut yourselves??

Hope that's a bit clearer.....

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

6. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Just to confirm this!!! Missing steps is an absolute No No with this software... In fact it's a no no with all multipass software, because your zero position must be exactly the same every time round the circuit.

The return to zero problem for most people has now been cured!! Did you change out the chips on your Easy CNC board??? Mark was dealing with the upgrade on those, if you have the older chips then you need to get them changed. Because that is more than likely where your problem is. Contact Mark I'm sure he'll be able to sort that for you.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

7. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

It does do that yes.... I left the return to 0 between each pass in place, because it gives you a visual check on where you are, and that you didn't miss any steps. But I could set it to take that out so that it just goes back to the start position of the first item if you'd prefer that.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

8. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Funny that you should mention that Kwok... I was thinking exactly the same thing.... I was also thinking wouldn't it be nice if it had the option to be a fully functional g-code editor, where you could do manual edits on the code. I was also thinking, wouldn't it be nice if you could drag and drop 3D items into the window and build up sign cuts and things like that ;) :D

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

9. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

It's not the controller board. I have the Cadillac, Gecko controller. Did away with the Easy CNC some time ago.

I think I am dealing with wear issues now. I sometimes hear the allthread squeek. I suspect it is time to install the bushings I bought months ago and never got around to putting on, and change out the allthread for Acme thread.

This poor ole machine has cut a heck of a lot a foam over the past year or so. I suspect some routine maintenance is in order.

10. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

man i can get is a big error with mine...installed the 3.5 net framework also.. :( suppose frankenstein don't like monkeys, just hamsters, lols. randy.

11. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

If you mail me the cut file that's causing the error Randy or PM me the details of the error messages, then I can fix it. I need the details of what's happening to do that. I need to be able to replicate the problem in order to solve it for you.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

12. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

You guys should load up Skype and talk through the problem - I know Randy has Skype (we've talked on it before)...

13. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

I don't have skype Mike, I prefer e-mail or pm to be honest, mostly because that lets me fit things around everything else I'm doing.

Great Crashcast by the way!!! Absolutely loved it. I always learn something new from your shows.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

14. rjarois

tim the error in with the install...does the pc have to be online??

15. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Randy can you just confirm that you didn't post this to the wrong thread by mistake.... I'm not Tim, and the multipass processor doesn't have an install as such, it just unpacks to a folder and it just runs from the folder it's in.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

16. rjarois

sorry bear....i posted to tim before this post...his name musta stuck in my brain, sorry. yea thats the problem, it dont unpack rite. and throws up a error. randy.

17. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

OK....
    1) The file you download is a zip file. You need to right click on that and select "Extract All"
    2) Once it's extracted its contents to a folder you will have two files. One is the Licence.txt and the second is one is Multipass Manglerizer 1_0_1.exe
    3) Double click on Multipass Manglerizer 1_0_1.exe and then press install, and it will extract its contents. Giving you another 9 Files. One of them has a Fozzy The Bear Icon.
    4) Double click the file that has the Fozzy The Bear Icon to start the program.

If any of that doesn't happen as described above, then your download may have become corrupted. Zip files do that sometimes. if that's the case, you may just need to download the file again.

Hope that helps....

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

18. rjarois

yea, its when i double click on the bear i get the trouble...i will try to downloag again. randy.

19. rjarois

tried again...no dice...just pops up a error when i click on the bear...

edit...in case it matters the os is xp-pro.. Attached files [​IMG]

20. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Hmmm! Ermmmm.... that's a bit odd.... If it's extracted those files then the download must be ok.

Right! next thing to try is to make a new folder, and copy all 9 of the extracted files into it. Put that folder in your root directory C: and then try running it from there. I'm not sure why that would happen. It runs fine on both XP Home and XP Pro that I have here.

If the above doesn't work.

Microsoft reports that The most common cause for a 0xc0000135 error is that it indicates that you need to install the .NET Framework.

First of all though... your copy of XP should be the most current service pack version. At the moment, that is service pack 3. If it isn't then you need to upgrade to service pack 3.

As for .net framework. You need to make sure that you have Net Framework 1.1 and Net Framework 3.5 installed. Net Framework 1.1 should be installed as standard with your OS but if it's not then you need to install it.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

21. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I'm running xp pro also, with the Multipass folder on my desktop. For kicks, I copied the loose files onto the desktop and it ran fine from there also.

22. rjarois

bear, did what ya said...same results...hey i don't want you to rack your brain on this...maybe it will work for me if they incorporate into phlatcode. randy.

23. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

That's perfectly OK Randy, I don't mind. I want to get you up and running with it. If you re-read my last post...... I edited some more information into it.

To be honest it shouldn't actually need net framework installed, because I included the required .dll files. But windows is duificult like that sometimes. Another thing you could try before you start running hours of upgrades, is to copy the .dll files that were extracted into your C:windowssystem directory. That might persuade it to find them.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

24. rjarois

bear, i never update my machine computers....i have three of them that NEVER go online. ther just for my cnc machines. the only pc that goes online is this main gaming rig....the cnc pc's stay offline at all costs...i don't want them talkin....i kinda figured it didnt work for that reason. i will just have to wait, maybe a cool phlatcode will come along. thanks, randy.

25. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

OK! that's what the problem is then.... So! try this!.... copy the .dll files that were unpacked into your C:windowssystem directory. then try running the program again... it should then find them. If that still doesn't work, try copying them to your C:windowssystem32 directory.

DON'T FORGET TO REBOOT AFTER YOU COPY THEM or windows may not find them.

By the way! I do understand perfectly why you don't connect those machines to the web... only two of my machines are connected, the other two I keep well away from there.... :D the one on my phlatprinter has never been web connected. But you can still upgrade them without a connection by downloading the CD and DVD install versions of the upgrades. Microsoft do supply those free on their web site. That way they can't talk to Microsoft ;)

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)