1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

PhlatCode Multipass Manglerizer NOW V 1.2.0

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Related Software' started by FozzyTheBear, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Listen, Foz - you gotta get Skype so I can visit with you and you can make fun of my accent! LOL :D

I just downloaded and installed your "Manglerizer" (I LOVE that name!) on my design machine and it seems to work great! Superb job, my friend!

2. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

did what ya said bear...same result....error still popin up. well we gave it a good try man....oh well, that seems as to be my luck lately. peace, randy.

3. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

:D good! glad it's working for you....

If you do have any problems with any particular file do let me know! If it helps out with your big machine by letting you cut stuff from Sketchup then that's great! I did listen in and enjoyed the show! all i'll say is "you aint seen nothing yet" ;) wait till you see how it develops!! :D there's some really cool stuff in the pipeline now we have this working.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

4. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

New Version 1.2.0 Now Uploaded...... Check first post in the thread.....

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Awesome Julian!
    I like all the new features.
    Man, so many goodies have appeared on this forum the last couple of days. It's like Christmas in November LOL.

6. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Just grabbed the new release Fozzy, haven't tried it yet but the improvements sound great. Thanks

~Buk

7. Eflybob

Eflybob Member

Fozzy--
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank You!
    Great tool!
    Scott :D

8. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

Thanks fozzy but where do i inzip it to? i unzipped it to the progam folder but nothing has changed on the mangelizer screen ?

9. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

Never mind bro, I figured it out ;)

Thanks Julian

10. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

No Problemo ewo.... It is a bit of a messy way of packaging it. I really must find a better way to do it, that doesn't require so much messing about at the user end of it.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

11. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

WOW! Nice work Julian. I've been really busy for the last couple of weeks and just starting to catch up on all the cool stuff happening on here.

This app looks awsome, looking forward to trying it out soon :)

Si.

12. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Fozzy I tried out the last version, pretty neat program... but no worky on linux under wine.
    I know I know, why would I run Linux anyhow..
    But it worked as advertised under XP, great job!

13. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

OK.... Difficult for me to support a version running on Linux under what is effectively an emulator... Did the last version run on your Linux system?? If it did then that gives me some pointers to track down why this one doesn't.

However, I do suspect that it's to do with system calls that are given by the software in the printer output routine and the system module includes, that are required for print routines of that type. I will have a look at it for you. But it may not be possible to fix that one.

and I do Know why you'd want to run Linux :D ... I like it as well... It's a far better system all round than any flavour of windows. Just that personally I don't try to run foreign software on it. There's just too many problems mixing and matching stuff when you start doing that. But it is a far better system to begin with. I'd have written it for native Linux, but for the fact that we really have to stick with the OS that's in use by the majority. Much as it might not be the ideal way to do it.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

14. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

You know, Fozzy, this is the reason why many people, including me, don't use Linux. The programmer don't make sure it runs on Linux too. It they would, more people would use it. The selection for Windows is so big yet for Linux so small, I just stay with Windows, against my better judgment.

15. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

You are absolutely right about this.... The difficulty is, that developing for more than one system at once isn't just a simple matter of porting the software over to the other system.

It's a bit like back in the 80's when we had multiple different computers running their own OS and languages. Apple, Atari, MSX, Sinclair, BBC Acorn, Amiga, Amstrad, Oric, Dragon and a raft of others. It was always difficult to write entirely portable code.

Really It's now even more difficult, because "Microstuffed" Visual Studio languages are very very tied to the Windows platform and not at all portable. They make it even more difficult in that even their own OS's are not entirely compatible with each other. It's very difficult coding so that things will run on Win98, XP, Vista and Windows7 alone, I'd end up having to re-write it entirely to get it to run on Linux and you have to bear in mind that I'm a single individual with limited time and not an entire development team. Which is why I have to code for what the majority of people are running and if there are one or two who run something different, then I have to just throw in the towel at that point and say "sorry I just can't do it", because otherwise I'd never get anything completed.

It's unfortunate and I really would like to make sure that everybody can run it, on whatever hardware and OS they have, but unfortunately the reality of available time is what stops that happening.

However.... if someone else wants to take on porting it to another system then they just need to contact me and I'll hand them the source code to play with.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

16. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I totally get it, Fozzy. I didn't mean it as a complain but rather as an observation. All I wanted to point out was that if more programs where available for Linux more people would have used it.

Enough of high-jacking this thread. :D

17. rjarois

bear, i downloaded service pack-3 and framework version 3.5 on my flashdrive. went down and installed the service pack-3 no trobs :D when i went to install the framework 3.5 the thing would not install, as it was attempting to connect with the msn server.... :? its like ya cant do anything with a pc if its not online?? man if thats true, what a raw deal. randy.

18. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Typical Microsoft!!! They don't like to make it easy for anybody do they.

There is re-distributable version of Net framework 3.5 that doesn't try to connect to the internet and has all the components ready without doing that. I'm not sure that they make it easy to find on their servers though. I've been scouting around for it for you. I'll let you know if I figure out the correct URL for that. You might find it on MSDN Microsoft Developer Network.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

19. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Don't worry!! I understood that. :D and I don't mind talking about it. It's not at all a thread hijack. It's a very valid thing to be talking about. My reply was as much, just an observation about "Microstuffed" and the way they try to tie people to their OS.

So thanks! I quite enjoy discussions like that. I like to hear other peoples opinions on those sort of things. I always think it's a good thing to hear what somebody else thinks, because this world would be a very dull place if we didn't listen to other people.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

20. rjarois

bear, i found and installed the re-distributable version of Net framework 3.5 it installed great, no problems....rebooted, and ran the mangler on my desktop...it does the same thing as it did before, it just spills about 7 loose files or so...and when i click the bear icon, it just throws up the same error...man i suppose im the only lucky phlatboyz in the forum...randy.

21. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

That's just plain weird! If it's throwing the same error then your system is reporting that it doesn't have Net Framework or a component of it.... and clearly that's not the case so something else must be going wrong.

OK take a look in your control panel, and click on Add Remove Programs.....
    Look down the list and see if any of the following are missing:
    Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1
    Microsoft .Net framework 2.0 service pack 2
    Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 service pack 2
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

If any of those don't appear in the list then your .Net Framework install is incomplete. They're not mutually exclusive. That is to say that having .Net Framework 3.5 doesn't provide you with all the parts from the earlier versions. They all need to be there.

There should be a total of 10 files spilled out by the installer counting the licence agreement.

If all of the above is present and correct, then we'll have to give this a bit more thought to solve it for you.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

EDIT:
    It's just occoured to me that you're doing this from a base install without updates....
    So I'll just run throught the proceedure and the order you should do it in.
    1)Windows XP Install
    2)XP Service Pack 2 install
    3)XP Service Pack 3 install
    (after that you should have the earlier .net framework components by default)
    4)Check you have got the earlier .net framework components if not grab them from MS and install them.
    5)Install .net framework 3.5
    after that you should be good to go!

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

22. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

How do you tell what .net and updates you have installed? If it's the "add or remove programs" untility then mine just saids "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0". On this paticular machine, I am only running winxp service pack 2. I can run the "Manglerizer" exe.

23. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Kwok - in "Add or Remove Programs" try checking the "Show updates" box (near the top of the "Add or Remove Programs" window). It should show them all now.

24. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Ok, did that. I don't see any updates, so I must just be using the stock .net 2.0 Could Randy's problem be something else? I see I have "Microsoft Visual c++ 2005 Redistributable" installed.

25. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Well, here's what my "Add and Remove Programs" screen looks like. I unchecked the "Show updates" button so you could see them all.
    I think he'll need to follow the instructions of Julian (Fozzy The Bear) to get the rest of them installed. Attached files [​IMG]