1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

PhlatCode Multipass Manglerizer NOW V 1.2.0

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Related Software' started by FozzyTheBear, Nov 17, 2009.

1. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

OK, here is mine. I've also verified, by other means, that I only have ".NET CLR 2.0.50727" installed.

Attached files [​IMG]

2. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Hi Kwok,Yes that's correct.... but I included the DLL files from the later 3.5 versions of .net framework in the download. Technically so that anybody who doesn't have it installed would still be able to run the program. It seems that your system is able to see them and use them. Which is what I expected to happen.

Whereas, it appears that Randy's system is not able to see or use them and It could be that unlike you, he does not have the earlier portion of .net framework installed. Or that possibly he does not have XP service pack 2 installed before installing XP service pack 3.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

3. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Just thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the nice new 1/8" thick Plexiglass top that I cut using the Multipass Manglerizer for my Arcade Machine Control Panel.... The old top needed replacing as it's had a lot of use and was getting a bit scratched and dinged. The top surface is approx 28" X 12"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was cut in 4 passes at 50 IPM but I guess it would have been fine in 2 passes because it was under no stress doing it.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Fozzy you are amazing! this is super professional looking!
    Plexi no less, this will open some doors for sure :)
    Thank you
    Mark

5. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

bear i installed all the re-distributable framework versions, except 3.0 as it would not do unless i went online....i have 1.1, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.5 versions installed. rebooted installed the mangle program, and........it works!!!! man i could hardly belive it, lols. now all i have to do is try to convert a file....i will report back with the results.....thanks for all the fellas that helped. man we have a great crew in the phlatboyz...randy.

edit:
    i stuck my sisters celtic cross thru the mangle program...now i can cut her a mdf version for her. Attached files [​IMG]

6. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

YEAH GO RANDY!!!! Finally got it sorted for you dude!! :D :D :D :D Well pleased that it's now working for you. And yes! there's a great bunch of people in this forum who'll help out their brothers and sisters whenever they need it. It's a very cool place to be!

Let us know how the cross cut goes!

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

7. rjarois

bear, thanks again for all the help bud....i cant wait to start manglin up some files, lols. randy.

8. rjarois

bear, mangled up some 1/8 thick mahogany wood today...i used 8 cutting steps...if i recall it was like .015in. per pass...the speed was 15000rpm with a 30ipm cut feed. got to tell ya bud, it was worth all the effort i had to get it installed...it works perfectly!!! i will give more details on the project soon. great job on the mangler...randy.

9. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

All I can say is :D :D :D :D :D
    Randy!! You just put a big smile on my face Matey!! That's why I wrote it.... :D

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

10. blindflight

blindflight Moderator Staff Member

Fozzy! Thanks for your program :D It looks great!!!

11. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Not at all..... Thanks to you guys for finding uses for it.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Man oh man - I can't wait until I get back home and get some time to try this program out. It really sounds like you've got multicuts by the shorthairs, Julian. :eek: :D

13. Klondar

Klondar Member

Fozzy, This is too cool!, Just one minor request, Can we get the ability to load in other file extentions? I have my Phlattscript set to output .ngc to make it easier to load into EMC, And I note that there are a couple other extentions used for G-code. It's not a big deal, just a bit of renaming but No harm in asking :)

_Glen

14. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Yeah! sure Glen, no problem to do that.... I'll add it to the to do list ready for the next release. I'm working on something else right now, but I will put that in there for you. It's easy enough to add it to the default file handlers as a filter.

If somebody gives me a list of all the G-Code extensions you want it to handle, then I'll put them in there.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

15. rjarois

bear, i have a request if i may do so.....we need exacting depth control. not by number of cuts, or by percentages, we need exact values....decimal for sure, and for you guys over seas, metric, lols. its more far ahead for a new fella to cnc machines to know numeric values, its just the way its done....for sure anyone that made it thru high school knows ether decimal or metric values. we need to have exacting depth control other than on just the X and Y axis.....Z is also important to control things....peace, randy.

16. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Randy,

If I understand correctly, the Manglerizer bases its depth on the gcode that it is supplied. It simply divides the values by the number of passes and spits out a new set of gcode values based on the orginal.

You can get accurate depths by simply changing the constants.rb file in the phlatscript. Then the Manglerizer will give you accurate depth cutting by virtue of the fact that the original gcode is accurate.

The phlatscript was originally designed for cutting FFF which is wavy and inconsistent in depth and therefore a fudge factor was added to account for it. The fudge factor currently adds 40% of depth to the cuts regardless of what type of material you are cutting. This can be changed by simply editing two lines of code in the constants.rb file which contain the percentage of the material to use for depth measurements.

Over time, the phlatprinter has become a more robust machine and can now cut material never dreamed of when it was first developed, yet the phlatscript has not been optimized to bring it up to date with the new range of materials that can be cut especially now that we have multipass capability.

I agree with you. Accurate depth settings are essential. We no longer just cut FFF.

Change the values of these two variables and then set your material depth to the exact depth you wish to be cut. Generate the gcode and then run it thru the manglerizer.

$cut_depth_factor_inside = 100
    $cut_depth_factor_outside = 100

Maybe one of these days the phlatscript will be modified to allow the fudge factor to be set in the parameters dialog box so we can have a choice of the types of material we are cutting.

17. rjarois

flash, i got you on that....its the phlatcode....with the fudge factor....man poor mark was struglin with deep fold lines because of this....i really dont feel comfortable messin with the code...i will just have to wait til others get tired of the lack of z-axis depth control. thanks, randy.

18. rjarois

bear, this is what i mangled up the other day.....after making mark and trish the phlatlab key tag, i figured they might need a place to hang it...this is why i mangled up that mahogany.....the tool used is a .0625 dia. man your mangler code is the whip....gotta tell you again...GREAT JOB !!!!!!!! im waitin for you to put mastercam out of business, lols. peace, randy.

19. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Dude!
    Randy that is awesome!
    Did you put tape all along the bottom for grip?

20. rjarois

shaun, no tape, just my spring pressure mod :D with shallower cuts and faster feeds, the tool pressure is way way lower. randy.

21. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

WOHHHHHH!!!! WAY TO GO RANDY!!!!

Very cool Randy!!! You are the daddy!!! :D That's really great being able to see it do the cut like that with your top down phlatprinter. Nice work!

You put another smile on my face dude!!! :D

and yes I agree with you entirely about depth control...... I've added it to the to do list for the next release version. It'll be able to give you an option to let the Manglerizer determine the depth of each pass or let you enter it as a manual setting.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

22. 3DMON

That will be a really nice feature. Thanks for adding that in there.

23. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Guyz check it out! Randy you are too much! This thing looks SUPER professional :!:
    It came out so nice with the stain added and you did a super job packing it.
    Well done we are honored that you sent us this. Its going to be and awesome addition to the PhlatLab! :D
    Man its sure great to have friends like you guys.
    Thanks Randy you rock!!!
    Mark and Trish Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. 3DMON

Nice!
    That came out great.

25. rjarois

mark, Trish your welcome. after you find a spot for it you like, use some of the two sided tape to hang. two you guys and all the phlatboyz....i hope everyone has a good and safe holiday season. peace, randy.