1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlatscript Version 0.920 Chat

Discussion in 'SketchUcam DOWNLOAD' started by kram242, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Yes, I have the CNC files from the original 918 SU code, but quite often, I only want one part or another from the orginal work. For example, I crashed a plane an broke the stab and wish to recut just that part for repairs.

Typically, what I would do is grab the original SU file and regroup a list of the affected parts into one area and cut just those parts out again.

This is what led me to discover the problem in the first place. And I was not the only one who has run into the problem. Unfortunately we don't even realize it is a problem until we attempt to cut out our parts.

I will not argue the fact that the new version has great tools for erasing etc. But it still requires reworking the code which may or may not be time consuming.

It does not excuse the fact that the new code is not backward compatible with no option to be able to reprocess existing legacy code.

How would you like it if you upgraded your flight simulator to the latest version and discovered all of those addons you purchased or built by hand will no longer work in it. Same difference.

2. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

Oh man I have an S load of stuff worked up but just figure I don't deal with them all at once. So I'll just mess with them as I get to them, It's a hobby ;) As for the flight simulator situation. I know whole hartedly how that was a pain as far as backward compatability goes.

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I'll be very upset, since I payed a lot of money for that program. I got this one for FREE. I'm not upset at anything that goes with it.

People buy CNC machines that cost tens of thousands of dollar and still don't have the software to generate the nc code. They come here to take it form here and don't have to pay zilch for it. Every time someone gives me a present, my mother told me to say thank-you and not to tell them I wanted something else. But than again, my mom is old fashioned, what with being 82 and so on. :D

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

tvcasualty, If you right click, and go to the very bottom of the context menu, inside "Phlat edge", you can delete all the phlatedges in one click. :p

I wrote some windows batch files, so people can quickly switch between version 918 and 920. This should help those that don't want to rework their old files :
    viewtopic.php?f=98&t=1103

-Kwok

5. Flashsolutions

Thanks for the batch file update Kwok... works very well!

I am now able to switch between versions. One thing I noticed is that the help file for V920 has not been updated to reflect the V920 changes.

It would nice if a list of changes from the previous version were included in the help file like exist on the download link page.

6. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Yes, but it was buggy ;)

7. PhlatCliff2

PhlatCliff2 New Member

Hi:
    Really great script.

I have only had my machine working for a little over a week so I’m new at this.
    One question: I’m trying to use a tab depth of something other than 50%.
    I tried setting the Tab depth factor in the Phlatboy’s Parameters tab but when I look at the GCode I still get -.0.625 (with 1/8” foam). Has this option been moved somewhere else?

Thanks
    Cliff

8. gizzmo

gizzmo New Member

Hello all,

I Installed the script mast night, looks KWEL!! really great work
    But I think I bumpt into a bug:
    I changed the settings for my safe area to 100 x 100 mm
    After that I placed the safe area box and it nicely sad 100 by 100 mm, but after looking back at the settings there where completely different numbers:
    Safe Length: 3.93700787401575
    Safe Width: 3.93700787401575

Is this a bug? or is it taking something in to account?
    GreetZ!
    David.

9. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Looks like the equivalent inches:
    100mm / (25.4 mm/inch) = 3.93700787 inch

10. gizzmo

gizzmo New Member

Yes it does ... strangely enhoug i have my sketchup on milimeter and not inches
    Or should it be on inches??? :lol:

Thx for the help!
    David

11. gizzmo

gizzmo New Member

ok ... sorry about that, but i dug a little deeper in to the forum and found out the script is not ready for mm ... is that correct?

12. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

That is correct gizzmo. swarfer posted some useful patches on the last version of the script to support mm and I will be working on integrating them into the new version once the current issues are settled.

One option in the meantime is to go back to the 918 version and apply his patches until we have them integrated with the new features.

13. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Thanks Cliff, this was also recently pointed out by a tester and we have a ticket for it. I have put in a fix it and will be released after testing.

14. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I have found out that after loading a older .skp file that when try to do a inside or outside line with the phlatscript if the line is segemented it will not add the line in. If I delete the segemented line and redraw nonsegmented it works fine????

Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG]

15. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Thanks ET, I just recreated it and I think you have another example of something tvcasualty posted awhile back but I couldn't pinpoint the problem. This gives me more to go on.

16. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I know some asked it before but I didn't see an answer for it. How do you set the cut depth for the fold and center-line tool?

17. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

You can either cycle through the presets using the D key or you can use the number keys above the letters on the keyboard (for some reason SU doesn't trigger on the number pad, I haven't looked into it). Just punch in the numbers you want (it is a percentage of the material thickness) and then make your cut with the tool.

18. Klondar

Klondar Member

Somthing that would be nice for a future version is if you could tell what depth a fold or centerline cut was set at after the fact. Not sure how hard it would be but many times It would have helped in refining things.

-Glen

19. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Klondar, That's a great idea, I run into that a lot where I would like to see what the depth cuts are as well
    Mark

20. Flashsolutions

I want to bring everyone up to date on the Phlatscript that I guess I was pretty merciless about.

My intentions were good, but my people skills suck. :oops:

In any case, I joined the beta testers group and with Tims help, we have addressed nearly all of my concerns and are pushing for a release of version 921 this weekend.

I want everyone to know it is impressive! Tim has put together a great bug tracking and version control system. He fixes things as fast as I can find them, maybe faster.

The new features make it very easy to whip up a new set of cut paths.

There is still a list of enhancements and wish list items that will be addressed later on, but getting a stable release out there which can cope with previous versions was a major breakthru in my opinion.

I want to give a special thanks to Tim and the other beta testers for working tirelessly this past week to work out the kinks.