1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

[Plugin] RepairBL and Phlatten

Discussion in 'Other Sketchup related softwares/plugins' started by kyyu, Jan 19, 2010.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice Kwok! thank you for sharing this I am going to give it a try
    Whats next automatic rotation and Phlatten of parts from a model?
    Mark

2. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Yes, anything is now possible! :lol: They will keep coming slowly, as I draw stuff and figure out what I need to automate. You know I was going to surprise you with version 1.1 of Repair & Phlatten, but I don't think it's needed. I saw you, in the full fuse video, move the part up and then phlatten. Well I made it do that automatically, but just now realize that there is no need to raise the part up. If you do a simple test, it doesn't matter if part is below or above or somewhere in between. Everything still gets projected up or down to the ground plane. :oops: Anyways, this is what it would have done and it was all ready to go. -Kwok :cry:

Well I actually learned alot about selecting and other stuff, so it's all good. :)

Attached files RepairBL and Phlatten v1.1.wmv (1.3 MB)Â

3. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Ok, I've decided to release v1.1 anyways. If nothing else, it will save people that naturally lift their parts, an extra step. :) It's posted on the very beginning: viewtopic.php?p=15541#p15541

-Kwok

4. kram242

Once again Kwok super cool! Thank you so much for releasing this.. We need to add this to the Must have Sketchup plugins section :)
    When I am lifting the parts up before flatting it's really more of a force of habit then anything else. I always think of anything below the ground plane to be a negative number and it seems that it should be above the ground plane before flattening it to zero :D
    Thank you
    Mark

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

It's funny because I always lifted the part up before phlatening it too. Cool plugin Kwok!

6. kram242

:mrgreen:

7. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

8. kram242

Nice one Kwok! man you are going off! These are cool scripts!! Keep'em coming :)
    Mark

9. lovebugjunkie

lovebugjunkie New Member

Kwok
    Want to thank you for the scripts you have done. I really like this one and “Rotate” they are real time savers. IMO you have done some of the most useful scrip’s I have seen, easy to understand, use and they work great. Thanks again
    George

10. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

You're welcome, George. They usually come about, to rectify stuff that bugs me (time consuming, repetitive, etc). I am thinking about one that automatically make slots to match existing tabs. :)

-Kwok