1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Pressure Roller and Drive Roller Cover

Discussion in 'Phlatprinter 3 MODS' started by theothers, Aug 14, 2010.

1. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

GorillaBob, up above, also mentioned double sided carpet tape and mineral spirits for golf club grips. Just wondering if the golf industry, is just re-branding common hardware store items. Just like the way nail polish remover is just acetone.

-Kwok

2. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

The only real problem I can see in the future is if you ever need to replace the material it will be a pain in the (bleep) to replace it.
    I fixed my HP laserjet once and the new rubber for the feed rollers just slipped on, even though it was tight I could never see heatshrink not holding to the roller assembly
    I would think that scuffing it with 36 grit sandpaper and shrinking it on would work very well.

3. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

LOL I just took the time to read the other posts. I see that he DID mention it before me. LOL

Great minds think alike, right Bob?

4. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

I dropped by work and looked up our supplier for the adhesive lined heatshrink we use.

It's NTE electronics inc. the web site for the heat shrink is http://www.nteinc.com/landing_pages/hs_tubing.html

They have the doublewall w/adhesive up to 1 1/2" size by 48" length. We don't buy that large of a size at work, but the last purchased price for the 1/2" was $0.90 a foot.

5. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Wow Gefahren. That's great. Thank you so much for doing this!!!! We will give them a call tomorrow and see what material they have available.

Mark and Trish

6. phoenix

phoenix New Member

Why not try the rubber tape that they use when re-treading tires, it's adhesive and should provide exceptional grip

7. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Guys, I am trying some neoprene rubber strips on a new set of PVC rollers I made.

So far they work just fine. I will be posting pics and more information after I get my computer back up and running. It died a couple days ago and I am just now getting the new hardware running.

8. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Sounds great Flash looking forward to it!
    Mark and Trish