1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Prototypo 1

Discussion in ''Aircraft KITS' you are working on' started by dhc8guru, Feb 25, 2011.

1. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

I cut my first prototype plane off the PP3. I found that I made a couple of tool offset errors on the rudder. Rather than scrapping the plane, on a rainy Saturday I decided to put it together to see how it would fly.
    It proved to be well worth keeping, it has turned out to be one of the funnest planes I have ever flown.
    I was shooting for a plane that was in between 3D and sport. I am going to do a few more tweeks to the design mostly with the tail so it will knife edge a little better and the motor mount design. It comes in at
    7.5 OZ RTF. I think what I like best is how well it handles the wind. I have been flying it in 10-15 mph winds and it is real stable. I like taking it up about 75 feet up, pull the throttle back to zero thrust and watch it hang like a glider.
    Good fun! Attached files [​IMG]

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Great job!
    It sure is great when you get to fly one of your own designs and find out it flies really well.

3. Watt_the?

Watt_the? Member

Despite the fact that I don't fly 3D I like to look what and how the pilots do with them at the field. Anyway, nice looking plane, and pretty big.

4. dhc8guru

dhc8guru Member

I will be throwing this one back on the drawing board for the third time. I did a version 2 of it that made it more 3D capable but I have to say the first version was more fun. Version 1 was faster, and not as floaty. For some reason, I just liked it better. I am not going to produce a kit of either but if I kept the G-code, I am going to post it for download to Phlatprinter owners.

5. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmm... I somehow missed this thread. Nice looking plane. Good job. :good: