1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

QU-BD Extruder Settings

Discussion in 'Helpful Tutorials and Tips' started by kram242, Nov 17, 2012.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Ok I got it working perfect! here is what happened. Using the ball nose set screw http://www.mcmaster.com/#cadinlnord/91677a106/=k7d7u3 seemed to help,
    but to be honest I still had tons of problems getting the extruder to work. It would just stop after about 6mm high every time. So I thought maybe the set screw was coming loose and I added thread locker to attempt keeping it from coming loose. That had little effect.
    So I noticed that I had a lot of retract going on thought out my prints.

I went into slic3r and minimized the retracts and WOW that made all the difference in the world!!!

Everything is working great now and I have to say I am now very impressed on the QU-BD extruder, its a great product at a great price!
    Mark and Trish

The profile file below should be unzipped into your Slic3r folder and then you can load the profile from the Slic3r File>Load Config menu option. At this point you can slice away! :doubleup:
    Have fun
    Mark and Trish
    Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Slic3r_QU_BD_config.zip (1 KB)Â

2. kram242

BTW in Repetier my changed test settings as of now are:
    Temp:188
    Flowrate: 110
    These setting are adjustable depending on the filament you are using. Filament in not created equal so you have to tweak for each roll.
    Mark and Trish

3. pezzer2003

pezzer2003 Member

Sweet... I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. but these setting are a great help..

Thanks..

Matt

4. kram242

No problem Matt :) Its still printing great so I can say its working. I will say I have found that if you do more then one part at a time causing the printhead to jump back and forth between the parts, it can jam it up. I think this is still due to retraction, but there is a setting in Slic3r to over come this. It prints one part at a time to completion before moving to the next one. So turning this on will also help.
    Mark and Trish