1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Safe_Z Ignored question

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by KX-5, Feb 20, 2013.

1. KX-5

KX-5 Member

I'm setting up Mach3 to use with my OpenRail project. It uses the over head gantry design. What is it saying that needs to be changed when the message "Safe_Z ignored, Z already higher than Safe_Z setting? Also, as you watch the Mach3 screen, when you click stop, then Send Printer Home, it does not show the Z axis move at all until it reaches the home position. Thanks.

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

LaVerne its been a while since I personally have used Mach (I should know this). I have been using cncusb mainly. Maybe one of the other boyz here that is using Mach can chime in.
    You can also try a search around the Mach support forums to see what you can find about it.
    http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php
    Hope this helps
    Mark and Trish

3. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

LaVerne, I'm using Mach too. By mistake I've hit the 'home' button on my USB keyboard, while trying to jog, and my Z gantry went up and through the plates of the gantry even though I have limit switches installed. You have to set the 'home' in Mach. I didn't do it and the damage was the results. I think that that is the problem that you encountered. ;)

BTW, I repaired the damaged gantry by putting it together temporarily and cutting new top and bottom plates with the files that Mark very generously had sent me. Thanks for that Mark. :dance3:

4. kram242

Your more then welcome Yoram :) thank you for posting this helpful info :doubleup:
    Mark and Trish

5. KX-5

KX-5 Member

Yoram, Thanks for the input! I'll check into that. When you say "Set the Home", does that mean a check box, or is it a value that is entered somewhere? Thanks again.

6. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I do not recall how exactly it was. I just remember that it had to be done and that I didn't do it since I was not going to use the feature that the home setting gives you. It is used to calibrate your tool to the same absolute zero every time so that you can change tools and code on the same project and it will always be right on in the location.

7. KX-5

KX-5 Member

The cure to this issue was to update to Mach3 version 3.6 Everything works as I would like it now.

8. kram242

Nice! Thanks for the update LaVerne
    Mark and Trish