1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

SANDBOX - Please post your PhlatscripT bugs

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Bugs' started by kram242, Jan 17, 2009.

1. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

It's possible the grouping was why it didn't show up, but there is other stuff wrong too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

kyyu, on the double lines, i knew i did that....that was just the monkey in me i suppose :D sometimes the thing wont go solid for me...im starting to think my computer is all messed up or somptin...when i traced around the shape again. it goes solid. sometimes this thing works very stupid, other times it works very nice...randy.

3. rjarois

tiger, this was not the case...i only grouped once. also when i do the offset tool, the thing still looks stupid in the corner areas...randy.

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Randy have you tried selecting a design and us the right click Phlatten to 2d? Its a big help in getting past this
    Mark

5. rjarois

mark, i will give it a try next time...i do have my template set on parallel projection...it that the same?

6. rjarois

ok fellas, i have no idea what fixed the cross, but i ungrouped the file, traced around the bad cut out, re did the inside cut and tabs.....and grouped and it cut fine...the old monk has no clue.....

7. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Randy when ever I get an issue like that, I number one re-apply the phlatten edges and also run a find & delete stray lines (found here: http://www.smustard.com/script/StrayLines).

Otherwise I think it's a bug.

8. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Would you beta testers, check out this F15 dxf file. I Phlattened it and sketchup locked up and not responding. Tried "flatten to 2d" and it worked fine and beeped right away. Well I assuming it completed. It was almost instant.
    viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1642

-Kwok

9. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

The PS flattened it perfectly for me and created faces for every part.

10. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

You are right, Platten works perfectly. Wow, had no idea that it makes faces. And it is like 10 times faster at making the faces than "make faces". Amazing work gasmasher! :D -Kwok

11. damir_prebeg

damir_prebeg New Member

Sorry, I have posted the same question in downloads section.

I have tried to test your .924 script with my SU8 on Win7 x64 but I can't change any parameters because I get an empty window with edit boxes. Ok and Cancel buttons are not working. It seems that g-code exporting works.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/9797

12. netserv

netserv New Member

PhlatScripT does not produce any code or just a header. Tested it on Mac-OSX and Windows version with Sketchup 7.1 and 8. Two or three times it worked with different drawing. Sometimes other behvior is that the program freezes or crashes depending on the input file I use. Any ideas?

Thats all what is produced from the program...
    No XYZ positions.

%
    (Generated by PhlatscripT {trunk})
    (File: ACP.skp)
    (Bit diameter: 3,18mm)
    (Feed rate: 2540,00mm)
    (Material Thickness: 6,35mm)
    (Material length: 558,80mm X width: 1066,80mm)
    (Overhead Gantry: false)
    (http://www.PhlatBoyz.com)
    G90 G21 G49
    M3 S15000
    G0 Z3.180
    G0 X0 Y0
    M05
    G0 Z0
    M30
    %

13. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I take it for granted that you've made the inside and outside phlatlines but did you put them in the 'safe area'? Search this forum for 'safe area'.

14. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

I don't work in metric units but according to what you posted... the commas (,) in these figures should be periods (.).

(Bit diameter: 3,18mm)
    (Feed rate: 2540,00mm)
    (Material Thickness: 6,35mm)
    (Material length: 558,80mm X width: 1066,80mm)

If you copy/pasted this from you .cnc file I do believe this is wrong. If you typed it, it may just be typos?

15. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

I'm having a hard time getting the gcode to work. I get the part ready, with allof the cuts and tabs and then test it by generating the gcode and them plotting up the code. It looks fine. Then I group the part and generate the gcode again. Now when I look at the gcode all of the outside cuts and tabs are gone. In sketchup they are still there. I've tried a number of things to get around the problem but it just comes back again...I'll upload the file if someone can take a look. I was trying to sketch up RCPOWERS f35...

Attached files PART_2.skp (418.9 KB)Â

16. TigerPilot

Look at the picture titled 'Untitled' { :D }. I highlited the area where there is a problem. Fix it and the gcode will be generated for this part. It's true for both of these parts, this one and the mirrored one.

Also, this part that I highllited, you have the inside cuts on the outside of the part. You may have to press shift while you make the inside cut lines in order to have them inside rather than outside.

You don't have to do it this way but if you look at the second picture you'll see that I highlited two places. I added this lines. I do it in all my projects that have more than one sheet to be cut. I then have a point where the second, or third, safe area will click to every time and every time in the exact place. That way I don't have to fiddle around every time I want to place the safe area. As I said, you don't have to do it but it makes life easier, I think. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

Hey thanks Yoram!...I need to be more careful! I cut out 3DMON's F22 tonight and it cut well using his cut files (I guess that's cheating :D ). That guy lays stuff out very nice. My gcode always ends up with the cuts jumping around all over the place, and the foam going in and out a lot - resulting in skew issues. I group each part...maybe I should group the groups...if that's possible.
    Where in the world are you? I'm in Saudi Arabia...

18. TigerPilot

If it was me that you asked where I am, then the answer is SoCal. It's almost 3rd world too, but not quite! :D

Before you make the g-code un-group everything in the safer are. Then start grouping each item in the order that you want it to cut. Now, when you make the g-code it will cut in the order that you grouped it.

19. nf119

nf119 New Member

I'm hitting this bug where Y coordinate will be omitted in some lines of the output if the overhead gantry option is selected. This causes cuts to be extremely disfigured. Anyone seen this issue?

Attached files TestCross.cnc (7.7 KB)Â TestCross.skp (66.3 KB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

I've had similar issues in the past. Try moving the part away from the 0,0, origin, if that doesn't work, try turning the part. I have no Idea why this happens, and no Idea why moving or turning works.

21. nf119

nf119 New Member

I might have found the issue.

The following lines from PhlatMill.rb:
    [pre]
    command_out += (format_measure('X', xo)) if (xo != @cx)
    command_out += (format_measure('Y', yo)) if (yo != @cx)
    command_out += (format_measure('Z', zo)) if (zo != @cx)

Should probably read:

command_out += (format_measure('X', xo)) if (xo != @cx)
    command_out += (format_measure('Y', yo)) if (yo != @cy)
    command_out += (format_measure('Z', zo)) if (zo != @cz)
    [/pre]
    The output looks perfect after these changes. :)

22. TigerPilot

Great find, nf119, I will change that in my .rb file too! :doubleup:

23. kram242

Thank you nf119 :doubleup:
    Mark and Trish

24. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

This is weird. I went to change mine and it looks like I already did this. I guess it was mentioned in the past but I don't remember it.
    Mark maybe this should be incorporated in latest Sketchucam to download because mine has been working fine all this time with this change.

25. kram242

I have not changed mine yet but it maybe that it was already changed in the latest version? I will have to download what is up and see if its included in there as well. If not we will add it for sure
    Thanks
    Mark and Trish