1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Shout-out to the Programmers and Beta Testers!

Discussion in 'SketchUcam DOWNLOAD' started by kram242, Feb 14, 2009.

1. MartinT

MartinT Member

Awesome work,
    The cut paths look much shorter!
    Thanks!

Martin

2. ZombieBait

ZombieBait New Member

Thank you for your amazing efforts! I looooove the Installer program! Ahhhh. :) Now, I go explore the new tools since .918

3. kortenbach

kortenbach New Member

Very well done guys !

Just started using Phlatscript, I knew about it for some years, but now it supports all the stuff that I want to do. And it can do so in metric units !
    It's just so easy with the instruction video's...
    Great stuff ! Keep it up !

Bert

4. sander999

sander999 New Member

Great piece of software, seems to work really well in combination with my cnc machine and emc2. Thanks alot!

5. tails

tails New Member

I was trying to teach myself ruby script to generate gcoge from sketchup till a friend clued me onto this site. Your plugin does everything I could possibly want and more, thank you so very much.

6. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

The new overhead gantry check box is a real time saver. So much less brain power required to go from one machine to another.

7. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

I've already posted a 'thank you' to everyone involved with the Phlatscript earlier in this thread, but i'd like to show my appreciation once again. In particular i'd like to give a big thank you to Kwok (Kyyu) for all his hard work and especially the plugins that he's developed over the past months which make the whole SU->PS->Gcode workflow much less time consuming than it used to be. Thank you Kwok, keep up the good work!

Si.

8. 66tbird

Again, while it's up, I too am grateful for the additions to the code in more than just a user of the software. It has inspired me to get back into code work again after 30 years . It was fun and rewarding then and frustrating and rewarding now ((-//__syntax is killing me__ :? ...-/)). Yet a necessary endeavor if I plan to travel my chosen path. Thank you kwok.

9. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Thanks guys! It's nice to be appreciated. To tell you the truth, I never saw the light as far as programming, until I found sketchup. The fact that the result is so useful. And you need very minimum of resources to do it. Maybe I am lazy, too; and I hate doing repetitive task. Or I like things done my way. ;)

-Kwok

10. woodworkerbob

woodworkerbob New Member

Thanks for the script. I admit I'm not a phlat-ite, but was seeking a general purpose Sketchup to g-code tool. Yours is so close that I may have to use to as a base. I need just a couple more features: control of the depth of cut - not just all the thru; and a change of the Z axis origin to be at the top of the cutting surface.

Well done.

Bob

11. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Hey, woodworkerbob, we are phlatheads and not phlat-ites. :D :D
    The control of the z-axis to make contours is not there yet. We hope it will be in the future, for full scale 3d cutting but for strait lines we have a controlled depth setting in the fold-tool and the centerline-tool.
    The z-axis origin is on the top if you use an overhead gantry. The only thing you might want to do is use the ruby script that Kwok wrote (he will chime in with a link to it) that will change the cutting direction.

BTW, welcome to our part of the phantasy world.

12. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

The overhead gantry option is in the latest version of the phlatscript. That just changes the direction of cut. I assume the Z axis direction is simply changed in the control software. Not sure how it is set up. But the Phlatprinter 3 is overhead and running with gcode, generated by the phlatscript.

-Kwok

13. janbjorn

janbjorn Member

Looks like alot of new interesting features in the latest phlatscript! Great work guys!

14. thunder hawk

thunder hawk Member

G.H. Boyd Systems, P.O. Box 235 Griffith, IN 46319
    Great piece of software folks. :good: :cool:
    Keeps getting better all the time.

Thank You.
    George :D

15. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for another AWESOME update!
    Mark and Trish

16. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Good job guys! :doubleup:
    Keep up the great work! :dance3:

17. distinct

distinct New Member

This is an excellent piece of work. Elegant and simple.

18. Chistabo

Chistabo New Member

Hello, Co!

I bow (bow) to CodeMasters. This is magnificent Add-on to already magnificent SketchUp.

Thank you from Slovenia,

Simon

19. 66tbird

Another big Thank you for all the great work on this code. :dance3:

I just had a great surreal experience involving working on a dust shoe project while chatting with with a friend about a totally different subject. He doesn't mind and I do it all the time because I can I guess :questions: Maybe he's hoping I'll slip and give him a better than average deal, who knows.

I describe what I needed to make in brief and start to work while we talk business. After about 40 minutes I'm laying out the parts in my work area and setting up the gcode. A few clicks later I pull up the gcode viewer and zoom in to check the paths. He stopped mid sentence in total disbelieve. 'You just did a full tool path for twenty parts in a couple minutes after a full 3D build didn't you?' he said. Yep, and it's open source I said.

He then told me about his past company and how it took weeks sometimes to do that. Our deal was done and I got my price because he wants lessons and I want part of his collection :D Attached files [​IMG]

20. kram242

Nice looking work 66! :good:

21. truehybridx

truehybridx New Member

hi fellas, been using sketchucam for about maybe a year now? can't remember

anyway, out of curiosity, is 0.924 the latest version? not to be rude or anything because it does save me from having to learn cambam or similar but that release seems really dated :D anything new up in the works?

22. kram242

Hello
    The latest version is actually called SketchUcam V1 since the name changed from the Phlatscript to SketchUcam and integrated the Phlat3D plugin by Jovian.
    You can find that download here to see if your running the latest
    viewtopic.php?f=98&t=2#p2

I know its been a while since a release its just gotten really busy here at the moment and the truth is that its been working really well for what we use it for. When time frees up a little we we to look at it again and see where we can make it better. There are still a lot of cool ideas and features that would be nice to add though.
    Thank you
    Mark and Trish

23. AnakinS

AnakinS New Member

Thank!!! for Good Program :D

24. 66tbird

I just can't get the SketchUcam to show up in/on the SK2013 toolbar. It says its on and there but it's not. :?

25. kram242

I just found this new version and will checking it out. It looks like it may have a new way of installing plugins into SketchUp now. I will let you know what i find out
    Mark and Trish

EDIT looks like it does need to be in a package file now. So we applied to get SketchUcam added to the Extension Warehouse. We will let you know when its there :good:
    The New SketchUp site looks great and easy to navigate now. I love the extension warehouse it makes finding plugins so easy now!
    http://www.sketchup.com/products/sketch ... ew-in-2013