1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

SNEAK PEEK..... Xtreme Bipe!!

Discussion in ''Aircraft KITS' you are working on' started by xtremeRCpilot, Jan 8, 2010.

1. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hi Trish! So far so good, I just finished version 2 and will do the maiden on Saturday the 23rd!!! I received alot of good advice from a few fellas I befriended that fly competition!! Its great to have a back up plan when there is trouble, it flew well upright and inverted but needed to work on knife edge( which is very critical to get a plane that is precise in most maneuvers and does not require any computer coupling offsets!! I will let you know how the maiden goes so we can start marketing this beast!!Look out 2010 :D

Take care
    John

2. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Good to hear John. Keep up the good work. Please, let us know how you make out on the 23rd.

3. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

OK Guys, heading out tonight to maiden V2 of the Xtreme Bipe !!! Here are a few pics before the wreckage LOL remember I fly with 20+ guys n a small indoor dome :D Wish me luck!!

John Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. meistertek

meistertek Member

looks good! Can't wait to hear about the flight of V2!

5. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Man it has a lot of cross braces. Looks to me like a lot of work to assemble. Definitely not your '1st kit' affair.

6. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks guys!! Yoram, it really isnt to bad to build... Once the truss is installed all the foam pieces fit like a perfect puzzle :) I have built so many different mono and bipes and took all the frustration out of the build, mainly the vertical fuse is in two halves so you can lay down the lower half with the horizontal fuse flat on the table to install your truss bracing then just pop on the upper vertical and the hard part is over!! I will post some of the build pics shortly!

Well, good news the Maiden was a success with only one tweak I need to make to assure a flawless build!! This bad boy rolls so fast now that you can hardly keep up with rolling circles!!Of course you could run dual rates :D The drag plates make the down lines very slow and precise for a controlled flight sequence!! Also knife edge is hands off and is at walking pace! I will keep you guys posted when the finished version is complete, like I said there is some very minor tweaking in the design but I should have a finished product in a coupe of weeks!! :p

Thanks for checking it out!!
    John

PS, Oh by the way I had 3 mid airs so I must rebuild!! Its amazing that folks bring in 2lb planes and fly through everyone LOL!! :D

7. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree with Extreme about the trussing on his planes - it's not bad to build at all!

I am in the midst of a review right now on his Sentinel design, and when I first saw all of the trussing, I thought "Oh dear, what did I get myself in to!". As it turns out, his methods for trussing up the airframe are very simple and are quite easy to achieve. Best of all, you end up with a VERY strong and lightweight airframe!

John, I hafta file your technique for trussing in my "Now why the heck didn't I think of that" file. I hope you don't mind too much, but I'll be using this method on some of my designs - it's simply brilliant!

8. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Cool Mike !!! I have built quite a few indoor planes and with some using fuselage stiffeners,which is a long narrow piece of foam that runs the length of the fuse and is set at 45 degrees, and others using similar trusses that connect after the vertical and horizontal fuse are linked together, both are a PITB LOL :D I came to the conclusion that it is much easier to truss with your fuse flat on the table, hence the vertical fuse in two halves! Wait to you see the Pull pull system I have incorporated into the design, it is very easy to install as well!! Thanks for the kind words and I look forward to your build review, hopefully we can see it in RC Groups as well!! ;)
    Here are a couple of build pics of the Xtreme Bipe!!Yet to be named :D

Thanks
    John Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

looks good pilot...

10. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Randy!You should have seen the guy running into it with his 2 lb plane LOL :D :)

11. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

WOW, that is looking sweet John!
    Mark

12. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

Looks great John, It's good to hear that the trim issues are sorted, sorry to hear about the mid air at least you didn't have a lot of time in the paint on this one. I can't wait to see your pull pull set up.

Jeff

13. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Mark and Jeff! Yea the trim is just about finished, I needed to add just a slight amount of vertical fuse near the tail to accommodate the offset of sq in of wing chord/horizontal lift!! One more maiden and we should button up this bird :) I need to get a video as well!!

John

14. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Hey John,

Man its looking good, I can't wait to see the video of it flying!!

Chris

15. theothers

Very cool John! Looks great!

16. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

John,

She looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see the flight videos....

Peter

17. theothers

John, we're going to be saying we knew him when. Stay humble ;) Great job!

18. rjarois

ok, i have to ask....any name picked yet? ...any update?...project dead?... or still ongoing?. randy.

19. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hi Randy!! Sorry for the delay but you wouldn't believe I scraped this plane and started a new bipe design, I was like 95% happy with it but that 5% had me on some sleepless nights. I will keep this thread going with an update on my newest design and hope to have better like on the maiden Saturday evening !! :) Thanks for keeping the fire going and I will post some pics later tonight!!! :D

John Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. kram242

WOW John! that looks great! Looking forward to the maiden, shes a beauty!
    Great job
    Mark

21. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Mark!!! :) I will let you guys know how it goes !!! BTW Your Custom Sentinel is just about finished :D

Thanks
    John

22. kram242

:shock: I can't wait! Are you going to post pics?
    Mark

23. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

I sure am :D Right now, in the Sentinel Thread !!!! Hope you like it my Friend!!!

John

24. rjarois

pilot, this a name the plane contest or not?? i doubt very much you will get 150 names for your model....i hate to sound like a bummer, man...i will have to stick with my "double edge"
    btw, if you pick the name....i don't need more models, lols... peace randy.

25. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

LOL Randy :D I know, I guess I need a good flying plane before I can have a contest :lol:
    Hope this one proves itself !!!!
    I will let you guys know the result..... :cool:

John