1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

TAS Foamies 34 Eagle 580 indoor

Discussion in ''Aircraft KITS' you are working on' started by TAS Foamies, Feb 7, 2012.

1. TAS Foamies

TAS Foamies New Member

Hey guys! Heres the first foamy I started kitting, the TAS Foamies 34" Eagle 580. They used to be laser cut and cnc milled (pocket-ed) by a buddy of mine, and they turned out great, but prototyping was alot harder. Soon to get my first batch cut on the original Phlat printer!This has to be my absolute favorite foamy PERIOD! Theres a fine line that seperates the precise foamies from the 3D huckers. This foamie is on that line! There are 2 versions of this foamy: Milled (pocketed everywhere except the ailerons for better roll rate and strength $55) and unmilled (non-pocketed $45). If your looking for a foamy to have some fun in the mornings in a light breeze, I highly reccomend the unmilled version. If you want a crisp, snappy, percise, floaty and agressive INDOOR foamy, I strongly reccomend the milled version! The kits come with all the foam parts (plane, landing gear, SFG's, circle tabs for the carbon jointing), all the carbon required, zbend and skid wire, ply wood (soon to be composite later on as I get rolling) control horns, 10lb test fishing line (pull pull) and 3M blenderm hinge tape! PM me if you're interested!

Specs:
    34" wingspan,
    34" length
    290sq" wing area
    4.8-6oz all up flying weight (depending on milled or unmilled and battery size)
    Equiptment:

Hacker A10-9L or equivelant weight/kv.
    Castle Creations Phoenix 10A esc, or any 10A esc.
    Thunderpower 325mah 65C 2s lipo, or any 2s 250-480mah lipo.
    Futaba S3114's or JR DS188's or any 6-9g servo.

MADE IN THE USA! :doubleup: Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

MAN!!! That was some nice flying. Loved the part with the plane stuck to the wall. :doubleup: :doubleup:

3. TAS Foamies

TAS Foamies New Member

HAHA Thanks! That wall plant was a crowd favorite at AMA, I kept hearing, "PLANT THAT SUCKER ON THE WALL!" so I did! haha I thought it was funny how my wheel pant was bent on that flight... It shows up on the wall. My esc skipped a beat and I landed softly on the wheel pant and it broke. Too lazy to fix it lol.

4. TAS Foamies

TAS Foamies New Member

5. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Looks like a great start to your website Tomas. Keep up the great work!

Mark and Trish

6. TAS Foamies

TAS Foamies New Member

Thanks! I just went to go pick up all the hardware on the hardware list at homedepot (everything I missed I'll get at lowes) and this guy helped me out huge finding all the stuff I needed. It was funny, after 4-5 items, he must have thought, "black iron tube? pex pipe? all thread? What is this kid making?!!" because he asked, "may I ask what the heck this is for?" He didn't know what a CNC machine was period lol. Super nice guy and got alot of what I needed! I'll have some screen shots of the new prototypes in the making in a few! :dance3:

7. TAS Foamies

TAS Foamies New Member

Heres the 32" Extra 260 I'm working on! It's coming along! This is the 2nd prototype, and I might have nailed it with this one! I'll keep posting progress!

Attached files [​IMG]

8. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thats a great story about the hardware store Tomas :good: we would get a lot of the same reactions when we were prototyping the Phlatprinter. :)
    The design looks great! Strong but light.
    Mark and Trish

9. TAS Foamies

TAS Foamies New Member

Thanks! A cool trick I was taught is for example on the rudder, you keep the hinge line meaty, and feather it out on the trailing edges. So much more strength, and same weight! That, and keeping the ailerons solid. You get that floaty feeling of a light airframe, yet snappy surface response! I'll be cutting some of these with in the next 3 weeks! :doubleup:

10. catarinastone53

catarinastone53 New Member

that is awsome luv the designs to :D

11. TAS Foamies

TAS Foamies New Member

Thanks so much! Woah, Its been a while since Ive said hi to my PhlatFamily!!!!