1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Toledo Show 2009

Discussion in 'Up and Coming Events' started by kram242, Dec 14, 2008.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

We just found out that our booth has been moved. We are now K 331. It looks like someone wanting a double booth has come in and taken our spot. Now, we are on the end which is good. We are directly across from Hobby Lobby who has four booths!

2. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

That sounds like a great spot! Probably better than your first one.

3. Klondar

Klondar Member

K311 is, by the map, mid Asle, but still not bad placement, I have to say I'm getting excited, even more so now that my neighbor just dropped by and handed me my ticket to the show :D

4. theothers

We're getting really exited too. So much to do!!!

Here is the new location for the Phlat-Booth. Attached files [​IMG]

5. Klondar

Klondar Member

Darn dislexia, That is a premimum spot. Cant wait!

Any Idea about mark 2 availability and pricing yet? Will any mark 1 kits be available?

6. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Just chiming in with my status update...

I will be rolling in (after a straight-thru 20 hour drive!) sometime Thursday evening. I booked a Super 8 room for three nights at just less than $40/night and only about 18 minutes from the show. I told you I'm CHEAP! :lol:

I'll be tired and in BAD need of the bed Thursday, but I can be available first thing Friday morning to aid in the booth set-up, so just let me know what time to be there and where "there" is. LOL

I'll prolly wanna roll out Sunday just after lunch to embark on the 20 hour drive back (I got a Jury Summons for Tuesday morning!). :shock:

Anyway, those are the plans so just let me know any way that I can be of service to you guys!

If you have room for an MKII kit on the truck, I'll purchase it from you while I'm there. :D

7. theothers

Crash,

Sounds great. We can't wait to finally get to meet you in person. Glad to hear you were able to get a room. We were worried they were all going to be booked.

As far as set up, we should have that all done by the time you get there. We're arriving a couple of days early to make sure we are able to take care of last minute items that we can't anticipate. Thank you for the offer though. It is much appreciated.

As far as the MKII, it's really coming down to the wire (what's new:).

We just checked our booth number again, it looks like our permanent home will be K 331.

We look forward to seeing all of you there!

Mark and Trish

8. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Mark, Trish. Just hope you'll still talk to us after the Toledo show :D :D In addition to the masses like us that will be there, there are the various media outlets, and other industry leaders.... This WILL be the talk of the show for a long time after wards.

See ya there....

9. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

mark and trish unveiled ther new baby, the MK-2 in toledo this morning.....todays crowd was light because of some bad weather, but the people were buzzing the phlatboyz booth....mark, trish and mike aka crash were very busy answering tons of questions....after this show i think ther will alot more phlatboyz....here are some photos of the carew's safe arrival to toledo with the new MK-2. and opening day....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    mark and crash setting up...
    [​IMG]
    show is openen to the public...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    saturday is the big crowd.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Excellent! It's working! :D

11. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the pics Randy!

12. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

What plane is the one in the back on the last pic?

Yoram

13. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

C-17 Globe master

14. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Thanks, it's really fills in what we couldn't see from the web cast.

15. rjarois

16. rjarois

i forgot about the sign i cut for mark and trish for ther first show...
    [​IMG]

17. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Forum must be screwed up and not making thumbnail. And I swear I was the third to post, right after after Dorsal. And now look? :?

18. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Nice Sign!

19. rjarois

yea, fellas had some real fun meeting mark and trish, crash, and tvcasulity, also meet a fello named dave that just started his phlatty build....i could not believe all the interest from the people at the show...i musta answered a thousand questions, lols....tomorrow will be a big day for mark, trish, and crash....randy.

20. nunny

nunny New Member

Mark & Trish,

It was a blast meeting the both of you. Glad I could be the first sale of the show. :D Thanks for the "MK1" and the great building tips, I'm really looking forward to the build!

When I got home, my wife says, "you spent how much? ...and what do I get out of this new contraption?" and I said, "I'll build you an exquisitely cut foam trainer", then she says "yeah, are you gonna crash this one like you crashed my last one?" :lol:

Be sure to take some time out to enjoy the show tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Chris

21. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

You know, perspective is really interesting. I would have said there was just moderate interest, from viewing the web cast. I just assume today was just light compared to the weekend. I mean there were guys that stayed for a long time but not huge crowds. Also, the web cast, was cut off for a while. I guess I wouldn't be able to see the 10 guy who are probably standing on the right.

-Kwok

22. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Congrats on the purchase...The ONLY regret will be much you want to mod it after you start using it. :)

Actually I built my son (age 9) a trainer with the PP... Cut an extra one with the enevidable happenes. That's what's so great about the PP....plans only cost you a few bucks each :)

23. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Nearly every time I looked over, there was a very large crowd around Marks booth.
    I would have loved to stay and chat longer, but it WAS really busy.

24. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D WHAT A DAY!!!
    THANK YOU RANDY FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! You are too modest you were answering questions like crazy thank you for that.To let you guys know Randy has really been a blessing to us this entire trip. He has been there from the start to help us with the set up and spent most of his day there talking to others about the Phlatprinter. It was awesome!! Randy, thank you so much for the sign that you made and we hope that you will find the time to post the font that you used for the text. It turned out great. Thank you so much for going above and beyond Randy and thank you for the great photos.

Right now, we are sitting in the hotel room waiting for 8:30 to roll around when we get a chance to talk to a lot of the other vendors at a get together that they have prepared for all of the vendors.

Phlatboyz has been a big hit so far. We have met a lot of really nice people today with a lot of really great ideas.

Tune in tomorrow for more LIVE action :)

It's supposed to be a lot busier tomorrow and Sunday. Our booth is right across from Hobby Lobby :) We haven't had a real chance to walk around yet but Mike said he would take over the booth tomorrow and give us the chance to walk around and check out the rest of the show.

Thanks again for tuning in and all of your support. It looks like the Phlatboyz are taking off and you guys are the pioneers.

Talk to you soon.

Mark and Trish

25. rjarois

mark, i also wanted to tell ya.....ther was some kind of important looking lady that was checkin things out.....looked as if she wanted to talk with ya, but ther was lots of peeps ther...i was gonna approach her, but didnt wanna scare her off...lols, she will prolly be back...