1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Toledo Show 2009

Discussion in 'Up and Coming Events' started by kram242, Dec 14, 2008.

1. nunny

nunny New Member

Thanks rcav8r. After seeing the MKII at the show, I think my biggest regret will probably be not getting the MKII, (it was a bit out of my price range at the moment :cry: ). It's pretty impressive what Mark has put into improving the design over the MKI.

However, I'm already researching mods before I build, so hopefully it will be better than stock right out of the chute and do everything I need (for now).

Can't wait to get this sucker built!

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

I haven't see the price of the MK II yet, but I am REALLY happy with my MK I and a few mods (Acme Screw for the Y). If you haven't already check out the mods and building tips here on the forum. So many to choose from. Biggest tip (If you haven't heard yet) is to make the sides and top removable. I just set my top on, and so far no problems.

3. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Chris,

Were you the guy at about 3:30pm, where Crash was cutting the balsa airfoil for?

4. davecrash

davecrash New Member

Met some really awesomr people at the show today. I really have to finish my PP.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Hey, I see Crash's PBF in the 3rd photo and what's that twin-tailed plane just visible in the 4th photo? Was the Navy Blue Corsair cut on a pp?

Oh, that's tvcasualty's F4U Corsair! viewtopic.php?f=73&t=118
    And his P38 Lightning, I'll bet! viewtopic.php?f=73&t=129&start=25

I'll probably start some trouble here, but when I see a Jesus fish hanging from a window, painted on the billboard or in prominent display at a business, I just keep walking right past their doorstep. I've had too many run-ins with dishonest, immoral and generally disgusting folks who thought that displaying such a sign was their "ticket to God", and am very reluctant to do business with them.
    Now that I know M&T, I may need to revise my prejudiced views - - ever so slightly.
    Nonetheless, M&T might consider that there could be others like me who would be put-off by the display.

6. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

That's tvcasualty's P-38. They are both in the warbird forum:
    viewforum.php?f=73

See you figured it out. :)

7. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

WoW! I did not realize the MKII was so BIG! With the cabinet it sits on as part of the printer, it is just AWESOME!

I was busy in my workshop most of the day working on a new pylon racer and did not get to check in much, but the photos are just great! I would love to be there with all of you.

Would have been nice if I could have gotten this one completed prior to the show for you, but it was on the back burner as I needed to get my MKI.5 tuned up for cutting plywood which by the way, it is now doing very well. Cutting Depron at 250 ipm, part to part at 1200 ipm, Plywood at 7ipm. We won't talk about the Z axis just now..

I cut 1/8" circular plywood firewalls using a piece of milled out FFF scrap as a carrier. I'll post info on it in another thread.

Anyway, it looks like everyone is having a great time at Toledo and I expect there will be some tired puppies when its over.

Oh, and I think I sold an MKII phlatprinter today for M&T! A fellow club member dropped by to see my MK1.5 and is psyched (spelling?) up about it. He read about my club meeting demo and wanted to see it first hand since he was not at the meeting, so he dropped in for a demo and loves it.

He already has milling machines for metal and was interested in how Sketchup worked and has already started playing with a Mach III trial copy.

I mentioned the free shipping if he buys now and I think he will probably jump on it. Now I just need to work on M&T to set up sales commisions and I might be able to start a new line of work :lol:

By the way Dorsal... me too. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

Looked like a great start. Lots of people. How much foam was cut? Looked like the balsa rib thing went over good also.

9. meistertek

meistertek Member

I was watching the live feed of Mark and Trish at the show and I am sure this forum is going to get a lot busier soon with more fanatics like us. It was cool to see all the people that were so exited and interested in the PhlatPrinter at the booth, you could see and hear their excitement when they were talking to Mark and Trish.

10. nunny

nunny New Member

I'm not sure... I was around a few times later in the day, but I don't remember any cutting going on at the booth when I was there, but then again, I was talking to Mark most of the time, so Crash could've been doing that an I didn't notice.

Also, I have to comment on tvcasualty's F4U at the booth. What a great job! I'm still not sure how he made it so well. I didn't know you could do that with FFF! Maybe someday I'll get the nerve to build something that cool instead of all my profile birds I'm used to...

11. davecrash

davecrash New Member

They were cutting in the morning around 9:30, I saw it. It was always crowded around thier booth, the y were very busy. I saw the fish but didn't really care one way or the other. it was kinda tugged away in the back. just another sample of what can be done with it. BTW it was pretty quiet cutting in that big room.

12. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

You can check out tvcasualty's threads in the warbird's forum:
    viewforum.php?f=73

13. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Geeze, I'm red faced over here! :oops: You guys are too much! THANKS!!!!

I'm gonna try and bring out my Hellcat tomorrow, not sure where Mark is gonna put it though, the booth was really full of all sorts of cool stuff! Someone needs to get one of those small indoor choppers to fly up some sting to hang things from the ceiling!

14. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

if anyone is wondering what happened to the mk-2 unveiling post....well my monkey butt tried to merge it with this thread....and i dont know what went wrong, lols ether its gone forever or mark and trish have to approve what i did....i will just repost some photos, sorry fellas...being old and part monkey is not a good combo, lmao....randy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you, Dennis. If you have to advertise that you are honest, rather then let your customer say it by word of mouth, you probably are not.

Yoram

16. rjarois

comon fellas....the non toledo posts are off topic and non constructive to this post....please keep your personal comments that, personal. thank-you.

17. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

Man Mark and Trish are kickin' some but# at the show. There hard work and attention to detail will bring in business big time. Good for them. Bet when they get home they will sleep for days :(

18. davecrash

davecrash New Member

Looks a little dead in there today, not the crowd like Friday. it is Sunday of course.
    the corner booth worked out well for you. can you reserve the same booth for next year?
    BTW Trish, the videos didn't do you justice, you look great in person.

19. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

What a great show again, it was great to meet everyone, and sure was fun to show off my birds. I really look forward to next year!

20. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Hi tvcasualty,

We were watching on the web cam today and guessing that was you. At one point, you were standing on the left of Randy and someone in a red shirt & glasses was on Randy's right. You guys stood there for a while towards the Hobby Lobby area. Was that guy a phlatclub member?

-Kwok

21. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Yup, me and Kwok seem to have spent most of the weekend watching the live feed and trying to guess who were the phlatheads.

The livefeed was awsome guys! A big thanks for sorting that out, it was great to see everything as it happened. There was quite a lot of activity in the chatroom and people asking questions about the PP.

Si.

22. meistertek

meistertek Member

I agree the live feed was cool, I stopped in to watch it quite a few times!

23. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

You know, I have no idea! :oops: I think I know who you are talking about, but don't want to make assumptions. I'm terrible with names guys...

24. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Nice shootin there Randy...

Attached files [​IMG]

25. rjarois

fellas, i am uploading todays toledo show photos....mark gave me his ok to spam the forum with them....also i wanted to say it was a wonderfull weekend meeting alot of the fellas from the phlatboyz....i gotta say ther all stand up men, and it was a real pleasure....also i want to thank mark and trish, as they treated me to dinner....it was very kind for them to do so. mike, glen, eric, both dave's cool meeting you fellas....oh yea, eric's wife, i dont know how to spell her name....nice meetin you hun...keep a eye on your sewing basket, lols...the big saturn rocket is a flying model btw.....also the small 2gram brushless was the talk of the show, well 2nd to the phlatprinter...peace, randy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]