1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Toledo Show 2009

Discussion in 'Up and Coming Events' started by kram242, Dec 14, 2008.

1. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

oh yea, the noise you fellas kept hearing was a lil model top fuel blown dragster engine... the fella would fire it up every 10 mins or so...i asked him to rev it up, but he was low on fuel....
    [​IMG]

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Looks like you guys had loads of fun!
    Thanks for the pics.

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

It was a total blast! Randy, these pics are great! You really captured the show in our opinion. We didn't even remember to get our camera out of the van until the last day :? but thanks to Randy, we didn't have to worry about that.

Thank you everyone for all of your help and support and making this show go off as smoothly as it did. We appreciate everything you all have done to help us.

Mark and Trish

4. rjarois

mark, looks as if you made it home safely....if your not home yet, have a safe drive...yea the show was alot of fun.....randy.

5. dz1sfb

dz1sfb Member

Congratulations Mark & Trish, and Mike! I was great to meet all of you.

Ken :)

6. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

Congrats Mark and Trish. Looks like it was a real big hit for you guys. :p

7. Thewz

Thewz Moderator

Congrats on the first big outing!

8. davecrash

davecrash New Member

I just noticed there are more Phlat heads now, how many did you sell so far in connection with the show. I wonder how many guys are at home right now trying to convince the wife how much they need one.

9. rjarois

hey dave, i seen at least two couples were the girlfriend or wife were trying to talk the men into one, lols. one lady was like "i could make my own christmas stuff"....

10. davecrash

davecrash New Member

Yup, Lynn was looking at the snow flake on the table and wondering how many could I make for her.

11. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

First off, I wanna say how honored I feel to have been able to play my very small role in the PhlatBoyZ first show. Mark, you are no longer "my best friend that I've never seen" now. LOL You're moved up on my list to the level higher than best friend - you're now like a brother to me! Man, we had some fun! And Trish, you little cutie (and now at "baby sister" status LOL), I've never seen a woman support her man like you have. This little endeavor is not his with you just supporting it - it's a total and complete partnership amongst you two with both of you giving it 110%. I could only hope one day my little wife could find a 10% interest in something I do. I am truly blessed to have you guys friendship.

Randy, you, too, are a class act! This guy snagged up my MKI out of the back of my truck when we got there, toting that awkward thing straight to the booth. Then when it was time to leave, he snagged it again and carried it back to the truck, and THAT was one loooong walk! LOL He was there to fetch drinks for us and didn't even ask first, much less let me pay him back! He also insisted on not letting me pay him back for the bit he brought me, or the glue he picked up. I owe you man, and I'll think of something to pay you back!! :D

A special big THANKS goes to my buddy, Ron, for making the trip with me. I can't think of anyone else in this world that would voluntarily sit in a car with me driving 20 hours straight listening to my gabbing! LOL I so much enjoyed his company and it made a very uncomfortable trip entertaining. We've been buds for like 17 years now, but this is, without a doubt, the most time we've been able to hang together. We're already talking of making the Toledo run next year, but with our families this time. Thanks so much for your help, bud!

It was a total pleasure to meet both Glen, TVCasualty, and Bohh. These men are great guys! Pictures don't do TV's work justice - he is one very talented designer, builder, and painter! Glen's performance as "Andy" was priceless! He did it so well, giving out planes (that HE supplied!) and brochures - no other vendor had a mascot promoting them! I met a few other fellow Phlatheads, including Ken and Dave, but I'm sorry that I don't remember you other guy's names. Sleep deprivety fogs up things...

I feel that both machines were very well received by the RC public. During the times I ventured away from the booth I heard several people talking about the PP and they were saying nothing but good things!

This show allowed me to meet so many people I've communicated with on the interwebs. Dan Greathouse of LazerToyz.com is one swell fellow. We cut out many of his Mini Arrows to give away and then sent the recipients upstairs to him to get the electronics for this great little plane. And BTW, he's gonna be buying a MKII very soon, if he hasn't already! I got to meet Lucien Miller of Scorpion Motors fame, and is as turns out, he's a fan of my little show! LOL I also got to meet one of my RC heroes, Mr. Joe Beshard! He's designed tons of the airplanes I've flown over the years and written some fantastic articles in my favorite publications - truly an icon in the RC world.

The only promotion of my podcast at the Toledo show was wearing my TCC T-Shirts. I don't really care if the show grows more than it is now. I don't even think I want to taint it by selling advertising - it's just a vehicle to entertain and maybe offer some help to the modeling community. Nonetheless, I am glad I wore these, as MANY people came up and introduced themselves to me as fans of the show! I am still so flattered by this, and really makes my efforts worthwhile in this endeavor! Thanks to all of you who snagged me - I am honored to make your acquaintances!

We got to sneak away to do some flying at the RCGroups open-fly. We had so much fun! I got a kick out of how much fun Mark was having flying the PBF. He was like a kid playing with his favorite toy! He's actually a very skilled pilot and was able to fly very well in that little gym - I don't think he's ever flown at an indoor venue before, let alone a place that small!

I've been in this hobby for a very long time, but have never before seen such a large concentration of RC'ers in one place! Mark shared an interesting observation with me - it's odd to hear people talking RC everywhere you go! Nowhere else in the the world will you see an elevator open up on the wrong floor and overhear discussion from the folks waiting to get on that's RC-related. :lol: As well, the RC community has to have the largest concentration of "good people" than any other organization in the world. Everyone was just so nice!

Anyway, great people, fans, new friends, awesome products, and some great flying all make this experience stand out as the most fun I think I've ever had! No previous contest, or any non-RC related event in my life can hold a candle to this experience!

Maybe next year we can get even MORE Phlatheads there!

12. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

Congrats on a major success :D

Thanks for the pictures Randy, some of those builds were way to good.

Great commentary Mike, in our own little way I'm sure each phlathead gave a head nod on that.

13. rjarois

no trobs t-bird......mere photos do not do justice to what they really look like, but i figured it was the best i could do for the fellas that could not attended. thanks, randy.

14. kram242

Mike this is a great write up thank you so much for sharing.
    Man what does this future hold? Its incredible to think of it. I get the goosebumps when I do think of it :D
    Thank you guys for all that you did, you know there is so much more that happened that words can never tell. True magic moments like being a kid again :)
    Mark

15. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Here is The Launch of the 36' 1:10 Saturn V that was at the Show.

The first one is SlowMo

This one is Regular Speed W/pictures of the damage occured.

Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG]

16. rjarois

wow!! that was very cool.....thx for postin glen. randy.

17. kram242

INCREDIBLE! that was really cool thanks for posting this ET nice one
    Mark

18. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Very impressive thats for sure!

19. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Glen. Very cool. Landed straight up. They did a great job!