1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Who has ordered an MKII?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Phlatprinter MKII Talk' started by iflyos, May 5, 2009.

1. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I am still in Denial about pushing that Papal Button and Please don't tell My wife yet. She will not know till I am missing for three days and when she finds me in the basement she will say " Hay whats that big wood thing you are working on...... ;)

Thats when the support group should help. Might have to enroll my wife also or is that a different group. WOPPO(wives of PP owners)
    Cheers
    E-T

2. iflyos

iflyos Member

Thats a good one, E-T.....WOPPO...LOL

I am in a little denial as well, I have to admit.....When things on the financial front started looking up, my first thought was to call up Andy and get a quote on a Comp-ARF Extra 2.6m. :twisted:

But, I have a couple big birds already, so it just made sense to go after the PP, since I have wanted it so long...and when Chris decided he wanted to go in together, well, that made it pretty easy to decide. :D

But, I am gonna save pennies for the Extra...something about "that sound" of a Comp-ARF in a roll gets to me!!

Tim
    AG4RZ

3. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

You guyz are too funny! No one wants you to have your MK II's more than us. We are so excited!

We can not wait to get our MK II! The manufacturer has the final parts and is working on them.

Here is an update:

Ok, as you may know, everything takes longer than you think and costs more than you thought. That's just a life lesson that we have learned (over and over again). So, although we thought we would be working on the build this weekend, unfortunately, that is not the case. We are keeping our fingers crossed for a Wednesday build.

From there, we will build the MK II and record it, we will then edit the videos and burn them to disk. These disks will be included with your Kit. We took the feedback we received from the MK I build log which was accessed through a video server company and decided the disks would be an improvement. At least that is the plan right now. We will see how practical it is and take the valuable feedback we receive from all of you and apply it to future orders.

We have been testing and tweaking the MK II this entire time. We want to make sure it performs as well as we want it to. This means that we have been unable to buy/order some of the parts as we are still working out the details. This may make some of your nervous but please, don't be. It's for the good of the MK II and it will all work out. We are using all of our knowledge from the MK I (we have learned a lot!) and applying it to the MK II. Almost all of the parts that we are sure are not going to change have been ordered and are in house.

Our plan for tomorrow, clean the garage. Probably like most of you guys (because of winter), our garage is a total mess. Since we released the MK I back on July 2, 2008, we have been extremely busy trying to make sure that we are able to fill our orders, answer questions, design the MK II, start the Phlatforum, attend the Toledo Show, etc. Our garage is showing signs of neglect. Although we prepare and package all Phlatprinter Kits in our garage, it has never really been set up for it due to lack of time to spend on this project. Tomorrow, we hope to not only clean the garage but make it an efficient Phlatprinter Kit manufacturing facility. This should allow us to pack and ship your Kits in less time than it would have taken us previously. So, we're pretty excited about it. We bought some storage shelves so we can be more organized and a bin rack for the smaller parts. So, we'll clean and set up the garage, and put away the parts we currently have. We'll put together a game plan and figure out exactly the steps we need to take to make sure all of the parts in the MK II are easy to identify and easy to install. We've already done this for the MK I although we're sure that process can be improved as well (from our manufacturing perspective).

The next week is a big week and next weekend is a big weekend for us. So, we'll do our best to keep you updated real time. Please be patient though as our main priority is packing and shipping our pre-orders. We share your excitement and we are doing everything we can to get the MK II to you as soon as we can.

Mark and Trish

4. blindflight

blindflight Moderator Staff Member

:eek: :D ;) ya!!!!!!

5. iflyos

iflyos Member

Sounds like a great start to our Support group, lol!!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this project...without your vision and dedication, we would not have the chance to sit here drooling over these wonderful machines!!

Tim
    AG4RZ

6. foamlvr

foamlvr Member

WOW!!! Great news!! Thanks for the update!

I work 3rd shift ( thats 11pm-7am ) for an auto parts supplier, thankfully Ford is our main customer right now. Ford isn't looking at bankruptcy, but things are tough all over, and they are pretty slow as well. My job isn't going to go away, like many unfortunate hard working Americans. I will probably get laid off for a couple of weeks at a time a couple of times over the next few mos, and will probably have the whole month of July off. Compared to many many people, my job future looks good. BUT!! Not knowing if I will be working the next week, until Friday, does cause a bit of anxiety.

I have a 17yr old daughter, I love her to death, But 17yr old girls are anxiety factories.

The town I live in is cutting down all of the dissiduous trees due to the emerald ash borer. It is hard to sleep with five chain saws and a giant wood chipper running, just around the corner. No sleep, more anxiety.

Now, as the MKII is getting closer and closer AND CLOSER, That's right more anxiety.

MAN OH MAN DO I MISS SLEEP!!!

You guys are great but as far as support groups go, I think I'm gonna have to go the pros. Anybody know a good cheap psychiatrist ? :lol: :lol:

You guys really are doing a great job, Thank you.
    Jeff :D

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

foamlvr, it sounds like you imagine you'll be able to get some sleep once your MKII arrives.
    Did you ever notice that "life" is a four-letter word?
    Do whatever it takes to catch up on your sleep now (you can buy some foam earplugs at the hardware store, y'know), because once your MKII arrives you'll be staying up 24/7 just assembling, tinkering, puttering, tweaking, modifying, tuning testing, re-adjusting, yada-yada-yada. :mrgreen: